Veterinary Sales Associate - South Maryland
Are you looking to have fun and make a difference? Is work-life balance important to you? Are you a driven, reliable, extremely organized, creative, pet passionate individual? If you answered yes to all of these questions, then this may be the career for you. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with veterinary hospitals and help them provide the best medical care to their patients. Support the fastest growing pet insurance company at the local veterinary hospital level.
We are looking for the right individual to maintain and strengthen relationships with veterinary practices in the South Maryland area.
This position would require the individual to visit each veterinary hospital every 30 - 60 days, within an exclusive territory. With the main goals being - Build relationships and educate hospital staff on the advantages of having insured clients. Help incorporate this into their workflow. Train compatible hospitals how to use our Trupanion Express software and provide them with supplies.
The ideal candidates will be comfortable with a Part-time, 25 hours a week commitment or Full-time 36 hours per week commitment, a high level of activity to assist in maintaining and building our success and be open to growth. In this role, you'll earn an hourly salary and have the opportunity to bonus. Earning potential goes up year over year.
This position is contingent on successfully obtaining a Property and Casualty license in your state, or province, of residence. The licensing process involves an additional state, or provincial, background check that looks into a candidate's entire history from age 18 onward. For additional information, please see the Department of Insurance website in the state, or province, in which you reside.
This job requires physically visiting animal hospitals and all team members visiting animal hospitals are required to be vaccinated.
- Minimum 2 years of customer service experience
- Must have the personality to build relationships with our partnering veterinarian practices throughout the market/territory
- Ability to present to hospital owners and staff with confidence
- Must be pet passionate and possess a strong belief in our mission to give responsible pet owners the ability to provide the best care for their pet when it becomes sick or injured
- Able to establish and maintain good relations with customers by providing courteous, efficient, and professional service
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- An innate entrepreneurial drive, embodying an attitude of persistence and patience
- Outstanding communication and listening skills and a professional appearance
- Experience in field sales, cold calling, and building a business a plus
- Sales & Marketing background a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (primarily Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) and video conferencing
- Must live in South Maryland and be willing to be on the road visiting hospitals 3 days/week (Part-time) or 4 days a week (Full-time) in addition to some administrative work from home office
- Must possess valid and clean driver’s license record and reliable car
- Must acquire and maintain a P&C Insurance License in order to be employed
- This job requires physically visiting animal hospitals and all team members visiting animal hospitals are required to be vaccinated
- 1-week remote training (Zoom video & highly interactive)
We’re more than insurance – we’re a tech company too! Learn more about how you can use Trupanion to pay your vet directly here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdWZ4KHiPTQ
Trupanion Team DNA:
At Trupanion, we achieve great things together when we are:
- Caring: We are kind to each other and assume positive intent.
- Collaborative: We work together to achieve company goals (we not me).
- Courageous: We are determined, take risks, and make bold moves.
- Curious: We seek new information to continually better ourselves and our work.
- Honest: We believe candid communication leads to successful teamwork.
- Inclusive: We welcome and value all people and perspectives.
- Nimble: We readily adapt and evolve in pursuit of progress and innovation.