French Bilingual Customer Service Representative
Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
Customer Service Representative Role
As a Customer Service Representative, your role is the heart and soul of the Trupanion family, and you love helping as many people and pets as possible. You provide support to customers who contact us about their pet’s medical insurance over the phone and through email. You’re a great listener and an out of the box thinker who communicates effectively over the phone and in writing. You’re comfortable navigating escalated customers and sensitive conversations with a focus on providing the best experience. You are empathetic and emotionally resilient.
(Please submit a cover letter with your application!)
- Minimum of 1 year in a service-oriented role
- Fluency in French
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required for Success:
- Customer Centric: focused on providing a positive customer experience
- Critical thinking/ think outside the box: the ability to assess, analyze, and problem solve while handling complex, gray-area situations.
- Patience/active listener: listens to truly hear their customer and their problems, and able to explain solutions in different ways until the customer understands.
- Emotional intelligence: ability to control outward emotions while handling interpersonal relationships with empathy.
- Emotional resilience: be aware of one’s own emotional reactions and adapt to stressful situations or crises without lasting difficulties post-interaction.
- Experience working in a Veterinary Clinic
Flexible Work Locations:
While we love seeing everyone in the office, we are a hybrid workforce! Our Contact Center is able to hire full-time remote positions in all states other than Florida. Unfortunately, we are unable to hire in Florida & Canada unless you already hold an active Property & Casualty license.
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off and 9 paid float holidays (you can decide which days are most important to you!)
- Five-week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly, and fun office environment
- Free medical health insurance for your pet (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Seattle Office Amenities: Free on-site gym, free dog walking services for office pets during business hours, free parking, and paid ORCA cards.
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
Trupanion Team DNA:
At Trupanion, we achieve great things together when we are:
- Caring: We are kind to each other and assume positive intent.
- Collaborative: We work together to achieve company goals (we not me).
- Courageous: We are determined, take risks, and make bold moves.
- Curious: We seek new information to continually better ourselves and our work.
- Honest: We believe candid communication leads to successful teamwork.
- Inclusive: We welcome and value all people and perspectives.
- Nimble: We readily adapt and evolve in pursuit of progress and innovation.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations.