- Manage our existing SQL Server environments hosted in Azure, including infrastructure, disaster recovery/high availability, backup/restore, performance tuning, maintenance, and security.
- Work with Development, Program Management, and Operations to integrate industry-standard security practices for database development, testing, and deployment across multiple teams.
- Lead development work to design/implement new databases and schema.
- Guide database infrastructure/implementation/integration across various cloud providers.
- Use performance monitoring tools and reporting results.
Education, Registration & Certification:
- Bachelor’s level degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of experience designing, building, configuring, administrating, maintaining database environments and tools.
- 2+ years of experience designing, implementing and integrating database solutions in the cloud.
- 2+ years of experience with source control systems, build systems, and release management tools.
Required Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Experience working with Azure and/or AWS cloud provider (infrastructure/networking/resource provisioning/sizing/scaling/monitoring/tuning).
- Experience with Azure SQL Database/Azure SQL Managed Instance/Azure Synapse Analytics.
- Experience with SQL Server (clustering/configuration/administration/maintenance/patching/fail-over/backup/recovery/tuning/monitoring/security).
- Experience with database modeling (design/tables/views/integrity/indexing/stored procedures/functions/partitioning/triggers/tuning/security).
- Experience with Agile software development methodology.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Experience with Litespeed backup/recovery software.
- Experience with Azure Synapse.
- Experience with Batch Scripts/Powershell/Python/C#.
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off
- Five week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly and fun office environment
- Free dog walking services for office pets during business hours
- Free medical health insurance for your pet (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Free on-site gym
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
Things We Value
- Caring: We care about each other.
- Adhocracy: An adhocracy is intentionally ‘adhoc’ instead of bureaucratic. Adhocracies value the ability to adapt quickly, flexibility and employee empowerment.
- Trusting: We trust one another with information
- Sincere: We do what we say and say what we mean.
- Devoted: We love pets.
- Original: We are innovative and fair.
- Genuine: We are free to express our true selves.
- Simple: Simple is better.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.