New Business Specialist
Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion, we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
Are you experienced in driving new business and passionate about the wellbeing of pets?
The New Breeder Specialist will thrive when seeking out and engaging with new potential partners, primarily over the phone and while traveling for industry events. They will show clarity in communication, strong presentation skills, and a deep understanding of the benefits of Trupanion and the Breeder Support Program.
They will excel in a fast-paced work environment, learn and implement new initiatives quickly, and innovate processes. As a subject matter specialist, they must collaborate within the team to drive the strongest onboard value so that our best-in-class network of partners will start on the best foot forward.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Half of your time is spent prospecting new business (cat and dog breeders across North America) and building a knowledge of online marketplaces and social communities.
- Queue management and process innovation using innovative thinking and having a bias towards automation.
- Account management of marketing campaigns and responding to inbound requests.
- Traveling and attending 2-3 shows per quarter (currently paused due to Covid)
Education, Registration & Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1+ years of sales experience, preferably in outbound B2B prospecting
- Entrepreneurial mentality and motivated by a lucrative bonus
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off
- Five-week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly and fun office environment
- Free dog walking services for office pets during business hours
- Free medical health insurance for your pet (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Free on-site gym
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
Things We Value
- Caring: We care about each other.
- Adhocracy: An adhocracy is intentionally ‘adhoc’ instead of bureaucratic. Adhocracies value the ability to adapt quickly, flexibility and employee empowerment.
- Trusting: We trust one another with information
- Sincere: We do what we say and say what we mean.
- Devoted: We love pets.
- Original: We are innovative and fair.
- Genuine: We are free to express our true selves.
- Simple: Simple is better.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.