Director of Paid Media Marketing
Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion, we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
Trupanion is seeking a self-directed, data-driven Director of Paid Media Marketing, who will own strategy and execution of innovative, performance campaigns that accelerate Trupanion’s growth.
The Director of Paid Media Marketing will work across internal teams including distribution and markets partners, brand, creative, eCommerce and digital communications, as well as partner with external creative and media agencies to inform and implement comprehensive strategies and creative for paid media campaigns. Reporting to the EVP of Distribution, the successful candidate will own the performance of media strategy across paid social, paid search, display / programmatic, TV, radio, podcasts and more.
Success in this role requires the ability to own our paid media and growth strategy, and to deep-dive on optimization opportunities like segmentation, bidding strategy, cohort analysis, post-click CRO, creative and messaging precision, and ensuring that campaigns deliver on Trupanion’s commercial goals. The successful candidate will need to have excellent project leadership abilities, and to be Trupanion’s subject matter authority on each media platform’s unique offerings and possess a passion for continuous improvement.
This person will need to have an entrepreneurial nature to try new and different things with minimal direction and to balance data with some instinctive decision-making. Overall, this role will be challenged to be one of the strongest growth-engines at Trupanion and to push boundaries and propose new insights.
This position is an entirely remote role open to candidates anywhere in Canada. Candidates who prefer an in-office option may choose to work a hybrid schedule out of our North Vancouver office.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Partner with internal business owners to understand their commercial goals, at the corporate, market, and distribution-channel level, and operate as a critical growth-partner to these stakeholders in achieving those goals.
- Own media strategy to drive Trupanion’s continued growth/new customer acquisition through paid media.
- Supervise the dissemination of comprehensive media reporting to major stakeholders/partners.
- Lead the team responsible for detailed analysis of campaign(s) effectiveness, including segmentation, creative targeting, and cohort analysis.
- Partner with internal teams and agency partners to continually raise the bar on attribution and develop new/better standards to effectively measure campaign success.
- Lead the team that drives day-to-day channel operations in tandem with agency partners.
- Partner with creative and content teams to drive channel growth and to ensure campaigns are in alignment with brand positioning and long-term goals.
- Stay current with paid media marketing trends and opportunities.
- Partner with internal teams and agency partners to ensure a dynamic, engaging and performance-driving brand experience is represented in media channels, that successfully reflects the spirit of our mission to help pets lead longer, happier lives.
- 8+ years of paid media experience
- 5+ years experience managing a significant (>$500k per month) paid media budget
- Proven experience working with large data sets and complex analysis
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytic and quantitative skills
- Experience managing and supervising large-scale media campaigns across platforms with a track record of growing audiences and delivering on engagement metrics
- Background in media marketing, including strategy development and execution
- Experience collaborating with internal stakeholders and managing external agencies/partners
- Self-starter, ambitious and creative, with relentlessly high standards
- Track record of driving adoption of new ideas and pioneering new approaches within your team or company
- Ability to think strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
- Proven track record of influencing others to drive your key business objectives and goals, and ability to influence and communicate effectively with senior executives
- Creative problem solver with a passion for developing and delivering big ideas.
Education, Registration & Certification:
Bachelor's degree or demonstrated ability in acquisition marketing preferred
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Employer-paid extended health coverage for you and your family
- Four weeks paid time off
- Five weeks, paid, sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Employer-paid medical insurance for one pet (cat or dog)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Open, casual, pet-friendly, and fun work environment
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
We’re more than insurance – we’re a tech company too! Learn more about how you can use Trupanion to pay your vet directly here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdWZ4KHiPTQ
Trupanion Team DNA:
At Trupanion, we achieve great things together when we are:
- Caring: We are kind to each other and assume positive intent.
- Collaborative: We work together to achieve company goals (we not me).
- Courageous: We are determined, take risks, and make bold moves.
- Curious: We seek new information to continually better ourselves and our work.
- Honest: We believe candid communication leads to successful teamwork.
- Inclusive: We welcome and value all people and perspectives.
- Nimble: We readily adapt and evolve in pursuit of progress and innovation.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.