Veterinary Sales Associate - North Northwest Washington
We are looking for a driven, reliable, pet passionate individual with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in the veterinary hospital environment to help build, maintain and strengthen relationships with the veterinary community in the North Northwest Washington area! Are you ready to remove the financial barriers to the best medical treatment for dogs & cats and their owners? Here is your chance to positively impact the veterinary industry by helping staff members provide the best medical care for their patients.
This position would require the individual to visit veterinary practices, establish relationships, and educate hospital staff on the advantages of having insured clients and how to incorporate this into their workflow. This is a great opportunity for an experienced vet tech or practice manager looking for a groundbreaking opportunity within our industry. Does this sound like you?!
The ideal candidate will be looking for a 40 hr/week commitment, a high level of activity to assist in maintaining and building our success and be open to growth. In this role, you'll earn a base salary and have the opportunity to bonus. Earning potential increases each year.
This position is contingent on successfully obtaining a Property and Casualty license in your state, or province, of residence. The licensing process involves an additional state, or provincial, background check that looks into a candidate's entire history from age 18 onward. For additional information, please see the Department of Insurance website in the state, or province, in which you reside.
- Detailed understanding of the Veterinary Industry (minimum of 2 years veterinary clinic experience)
- Sales or marketing background a plus
- An entrepreneurial drive, embodying an attitude of persistence and grit
- Must have the skillset vital to establish rapport and trust with veterinary practices throughout the territory
- Ability to present to hospital owners and staff with confidence
- Must be pet hardworking and possess a strong belief in our mission to give responsible pet owners the ability to afford the best medical treatment for their pet when it becomes sick or injured
- Able to establish and maintain good relations with customers by providing courteous, efficient, and professional service
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Outstanding communication and listening skills and a professional appearance
- Must live within Whatcom, Skagit, San Juan, Island, Kitsap, or Snohomish area and be available to call on hospitals 4 days/week in addition to some work from home.
- Must possess a valid and clean driver’s license record
- Must acquire and maintain a P&C Insurance License in order to be employed
- 1-week remote training (Zoom video & highly interactive)
- Occasional weekends for Veterinary Conferences
We’re more than insurance – we’re a tech company too! Learn more about how you can use Trupanion to pay your vet directly here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdWZ4KHiPTQ
Trupanion Team DNA:
At Trupanion, we achieve great things together when we are:
- Caring: We are kind to each other and assume positive intent.
- Collaborative: We work together to achieve company goals (we not me).
- Courageous: We are determined, take risks, and make bold moves.
- Curious: We seek new information to continually better ourselves and our work.
- Honest: We believe candid communication leads to successful teamwork.
- Inclusive: We welcome and value all people and perspectives.
- Nimble: We readily adapt and evolve in pursuit of progress and innovation.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about