Software Development Lead
Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion, we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
Do you enjoy leading high-quality, high-velocity development teams? Do you want your lines of code to have a significant and measurable positive impact for users, the company's bottom line, and the industry? Our Software Development Lead will be responsible for overseeing a group of high-performing engineers in delivering highly available, scalable software products our partners will love, adopt, and use. This role encompasses architecture, design, implementation, and testing to ensure we build products right and release them with high quality.
This position can be worked remotely from your home office anywhere in the United States, or from our Seattle Headquarters depending on your preference.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Architect, design, implement, test, and deliver highly scalable products
- Master our development process, culture, and code base, then improve upon it
- Provide technical leadership, mentoring, and personnel management for the team
- Partner with leadership to deliver solutions that meet engineering, business, and customer requirements
- Meet company goals, hire and develop new team members, and ensure team members' career growth
- Lead the team as if it is a small startup in a bigger ecosystem with broad cross-team collaboration
Qualifications (Please include a cover letter with your application!)
Education, Registration & Certification:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a development lead (technical leader and personnel manager) for a team of 3+
- Minimum 8 years of experience developing software in C#/.NET for web front-end scenarios
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Expert software engineering skills with C#/.NET and ASP.NET (v4 or newer)
- Experience with Azure or other cloud technologies.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the business analysts, program managers, business leaders, and SMEs to ensure solutions meet business needs
- Ability to create intuitive, testable, maintainable, secure, and efficient code
- Experience with software and infrastructure change management, release management, and source code configuration control for web projects
- Deep knowledge and understanding of using S.O.L.I.D. principles to design software
- Proficient with the Agile methodology and Service Oriented Architecture
- High attention to detail and repeatable process
- Passionate about solving business problems while collaborating closely across teams in a fast-paced environment
- Results-oriented individual who can think strategically, adapt quickly and rapidly earn credibility and trust within all levels of the organization
- Dedicated to being a role model, coach and mentor to others, with an eye on team productivity and helping others succeed
- Ability to be low ego!
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off
- Five week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly and fun office environment
- Free dog walking services for office pets during business hours
- Free medical health insurance for your pet (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Free on-site gym
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
Trupanion Team DNA:
At Trupanion, we achieve great things together when we are:
- Caring: We are kind to each other and assume positive intent.
- Collaborative: We work together to achieve company goals (we not me).
- Courageous: We are determined, take risks, and make bold moves.
- Curious: We seek new information to continually better ourselves and our work.
- Honest: We believe candid communication leads to successful teamwork.
- Inclusive: We welcome and value all people and perspectives.
- Nimble: We readily adapt and evolve in pursuit of progress and innovation.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.