Canadian Sales Specialist
Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion, we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
Trupanion is looking for a sales professional to join our award-winning sales team. The right candidate for the Sales Specialist role will join the company’s bold plans to lead the industry and grow market share. We are looking for innovation, enthusiasm, and a whole lot of passion. If you want to make a difference in the lives of pets and their owners, we want to talk to you!
Key Responsibilities Include:
This person will be on the front lines answering inbound warm leads and working diligently to convert them into customers. The role also includes taking inbound calls from customers requesting to cancel their policy and attempting to retain them as customers. Success in this role is based on your individual performance, and monthly bonuses are eagerly awarded when sales goals are met and exceeded – all while you help cats and dogs live longer healthier lives.
Candidates for this position have the option to work remotely from anywhere in Canada as long as you are licensed to sell insurance where you are!
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a high-volume business-to-customer sales environment.
- Active license required for the sale of property and casualty insurance in the province you reside.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required for Success:
- Customer-Centric: passionate about providing a positive customer experience
- Critical thinking/ think creatively: the ability to assess, analyze, and tackle problems while handling complex situations.
- Patience/active listener: listens to truly hear their customer and their problems, and able to explain solutions in different ways until the customer understands.
- Emotional intelligence: ability to control outward emotions while handling interpersonal relationships with empathy.
- Emotional resilience: be aware of one’s own emotional reactions and adapt to stressful situations or crises without lasting difficulties post-interaction.
- Self-Motivated: is self-motivated, driven by results, and is passionate about educating members and ensuring they have a full understanding of their coverage at the time of enrollment.
- Experience working in a Veterinary Clinic
- Licensed as an insurance agent in other Canadian provinces
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Employer-paid extended health coverage for you and your family
- Four weeks paid time off
- Five weeks, paid, sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Employer-paid medical insurance for one pet (cat or dog)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Open, casual, pet-friendly, and fun work environment
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
We’re more than insurance – we’re a tech company too! Learn more about how you can use Trupanion to pay your vet directly here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdWZ4KHiPTQ
Trupanion Team DNA:
At Trupanion, we achieve great things together when we are:
- Caring: We are kind to each other and assume positive intent.
- Collaborative: We work together to achieve company goals (we not me).
- Courageous: We are determined, take risks, and make bold moves.
- Curious: We seek new information to continually better ourselves and our work.
- Honest: We believe candid communication leads to successful teamwork.
- Inclusive: We welcome and value all people and perspectives.
- Nimble: We readily adapt and evolve in pursuit of progress and innovation.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.