Automation Test Engineer
Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. The UK is Trupanion's technology and innovation centre of excellence. We create solutions to ensure our members, their pets, and their vets experience unparalleled customer service. We offer a collaborative, informal, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be the very best version of themselves.
With Trupanion’s commitment and investment in leading-edge insurance technology, we are looking for a test engineer to join our team. As a member of Trupanion UK’s IT team, you will be joining an experienced team of project managers, business analysts, developers and testers, using the latest toolsets in an Agile framework to deliver our flagship solution. Working on a SAAS scalable cloud-based solution and it’s integrations, all within an Azure DevOps environment, you will be responsible for designing, developing and executing automated test cases to ensure the software created by developers fits its purpose. Collaborating closely with our project managers, business analysts, developers, DevOps and manual testers, you will prove the functional and non-functional requirements of Trupanion systems.
This position is an entirely remote role open to candidates anywhere in the UK. Candidates who prefer an in-office option may choose to work a hybrid schedule out of our Altrincham office.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Design, develop and execute automated test cases to find system bugs and regression testing and complete non-functional assessments (e.g. performance/load testing), and conduct exploratory testing
- Analyse requirements and consider the test approach. If requirements are incomplete, ask meaningful questions that will yield more information and help perform testing
- Provide inputs on high-level test scenarios, challenges, risks, resources, test estimates etc during test planning meetings, and pro-actively identify potential beneficial areas for test automation
- Analyse test results, detect and track issues and interact with the developers to resolve technical issues.
- Manage the planning and execution of product testing efforts, including all associated resources to meet committed delivery dates.
- Provides effective communication regarding issues, objectives, initiatives and performance to plan.
- Be responsible and accountable for flagging the timing of interdepartmental deliverables and the quality of their output.
- Anticipate program release problems and takes corrective action, escalating as needed, to resolve and achieve commitments.
- Perform all work in accordance with the company’s documented development, OWASP, ISO27001 and PCI DSS standards and guidelines.
- Promote and embody Trupanion’s Team DNA in all aspects of your work and interactions with internal and external stakeholders
Proven experience in an Automation Test Engineer position or similar role, focused on the following areas:
- Working in an Azure application environment, testing scalable solutions with a comprehensive understanding of the principles of Agile testing
- Working in an Agile environment, utilising DevOps/CI/CD practices
- Working in a testing capacity, using a variety of testing techniques, and using automation testing tools and performance and load testing
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Proficient using Jira and DevOps
- Planning, designing, writing, executing and maintaining test automation
- Hands-on knowledge in use of automated testing tools e.g. Selenium, Virtuoso
- Knowledge of C#, .Net framework, SQL Server, Java, and quality standards and regulations
- Automating API calls with knowledge of RESTful APIs and Postman
- Great troubleshooting skills, strong accuracy and attention to detail, and excellent independent and team time management skills
- Expert problem-solving and analytical skills, able to determine the impact of an issue quickly to prioritise further work.
Education, Registration & Certification:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, maths or engineering or related preferred, equivalent experience accepted
- Certification in Quality Assurance
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Private medical insurance and health cash plans
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Five-week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly, and fun office environment
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life Insurance
- Rocket Lawyer
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself: https://aqinsure.tech/working-at-aq/
Trupanion Team DNA:
At Trupanion, we achieve great things together when we are:
- Caring: We are kind to each other and assume positive intent.
- Collaborative: We work together to achieve company goals (we not me).
- Courageous: We are determined, take risks, and make bold moves.
- Curious: We seek new information to continually better ourselves and our work.
- Honest: We believe candid communication leads to successful teamwork.
- Inclusive: We welcome and value all people and perspectives.
- Nimble: We readily adapt and evolve in pursuit of progress and innovation.
For more information about Trupanion, visit https://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request reasonable adjustments.