Veterinary Sales Associate - Chicago, IL
Veterinary Sales Associate – North Chicago, IL
We are looking for a driven, reliable, extremely organized, pet passionate individual with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the veterinary hospital environment to help build, North Chicago area!
This position would require the individual to visit veterinary practices, establish relationships and educate hospital staff on the advantages of having insured clients and how to incorporate this into their workflow. This is a great opportunity for an expert vet tech or practice manager ready for a change into a groundbreaking opportunity within our industry. Does this sound like you?!
The ideal candidate will be comfortable with a part time (20 hours per week) commitment, a high level of activity to assist in maintaining and building our success and be open to growth. In this role you'll earn a salary and have the opportunity to bonus. Earning potential goes up year over year.
- Thorough understanding of the Veterinary Industry (minimum of the 3 years veterinary clinic experience)
- Passion for helping to eliminate economic euthanasia in dogs & cats!
- Must have the personality to form relationships with our partnering veterinarian practices throughout the market/territory
- Ability to present to hospital owners and staff with confidence
- Must be pet passionate and possess a strong belief in our mission to give responsible pet owners the ability to provide the best medical care for their pet when it becomes sick or injured
- Able to establish and maintain good relationships with customers by providing courteous, efficient, and professional service
- An innate entrepreneurial drive, embodying an attitude of persistence and perseverance
- Outstanding communication and listening skills and a professional appearance
- Experience in field sales, cold calling, and building a business
- Sales & Marketing background a plus
- Must live near the North Chicago area and be willing to be on the road visiting hospitals 2 to 3 days/week in addition to some administrative work from home office
- Must possess valid and clean driver’s license record and reliable car
- 1 week paid training session in Seattle
- Becoming Property & Casualty licensed as part of training
- Occasional weekends for Veterinary Conferences