Marketing Specialist, Member Retention
Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion, we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
We are looking for a dedicated, agile marketer to join our fast-growing Customer Marketing team! You'll report to the Marketing Manager in charge of first-year member retention and will be responsible for implementing communication strategies that engage and retain pet owners. Our ideal candidate has a bias for action and the motivation to get stuff done, as well as an approach that can deliver both creativity and data-based decision-making.
Candidates for this position have the option to work remotely from anywhere in the US, or out of our Seattle office, depending on their preference.
Key Responsibilities Include:
As a member of the Customer Marketing Team, you’ll have the opportunity to make an immediate impact on the rapid growth of our company. You'll help support and engage our members in their critical first 90 days post-enrollment, creating a seamless transition into Trupanion membership that promotes member education and retention. Your responsibilities include:
- Supporting a targeted, cohesive post-enrollment experience for new Trupanion members.
- Driving member engagement through a strategic approach to messaging and cadence across a variety of channels including email, text, paid media, direct mail, and more.
- Implementing A/B testing for campaigns to determine where varied content or an additional communications touch could help improve member retention.
- Working across teams to analyze member experience trends and pinpoint opportunities to improve their experience.
Education, Registration & Certification:
Degree in Marketing, Communications, English or related field
Minimum of 3 years of relevant marketing experience
Email marketing experience required (Marketo preferred)
Marketing content and copywriting experience required
You’ll be successful if you can:
- Use data to make decisions and drive performance
- Thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment and adapt quickly to change
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail
- Balance and support multiple projects at once
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off and 9 paid float holidays (you can decide which days are most important to you!)
- Five-week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly, and fun office environment
- Free medical health insurance for your pet (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Seattle Office Amenities: Free on-site gym, free dog walking services for office pets during business hours, free parking, and paid ORCA cards.
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself: https://www.facebook.com/Trupanion/videos/10155423763702974/
We’re more than insurance – we’re a tech company too! Learn more about how you can use Trupanion to pay your vet directly here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdWZ4KHiPTQ
Trupanion Team DNA:
At Trupanion, we achieve great things together when we are:
- Caring: We are kind to each other and assume positive intent.
- Collaborative: We work together to achieve company goals (we not me).
- Courageous: We are determined, take risks, and make bold moves.
- Curious: We seek new information to continually better ourselves and our work.
- Honest: We believe candid communication leads to successful teamwork.
- Inclusive: We welcome and value all people and perspectives.
- Nimble: We readily adapt and evolve in pursuit of progress and innovation.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations.