Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. As our team members gain experience, we strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
The Actuarial Department at Trupanion is recruiting an Associate Actuary with the ability to work well in a dynamic and complex regulatory environment. The position requires resourceful and creative actuarial capabilities, excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to deliver high quality and timely work products to both internal and external customers.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Oversee product pricing, reserving, and forecasting
- Work directly with state regulators to manage rate and rule filings to completion
- Foster effective working relationships with key internal business partners across the organization.
- Become an information expert with the ability to understand & translate data into meaningful communications
(Please include a cover letter with your application!)
Education, Registration & Certification / Experience:
- Three or more years of relevant work experience
- Pricing/Rate filing (required)
- Reserving and Forecasting (preferred)
- Achievement of ASA or ACAS (preferred)
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Ability to develop and apply actuarial models to diverse situations
- Experience submitting and managing rate filings and/or regulatory review process
- Ability to plan, manage and execute projects
- Resourcefulness, creativity, and resilience
- Ability to work with actuaries from a variety of backgrounds, both P&C and SOA
- Expertise in Excel and experience in SQL required
- Highly driven and motivated to work in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Work in a niche line of business with opportunity for innovation in both product and pricing
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off
- Five week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly and fun office environment
- Free dog walking services for “approved” office pets during business hours
- Free pet health insurance (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Free on-site gym
Founded in 2000, Trupanion (NASDAQ: TRUP) offers medical insurance for cats and dogs in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico through its affiliated entities.
Trupanion is a registered trademark owned by Trupanion, Inc. Underwritten in Canada by Omega General Insurance Company and in the United States by American Pet Insurance Company. 6100 4th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98108. Please visit AmericanPetInsurance.com to review all available pet health insurance products.
- Caring: We care about each other.
- Adhocracy: An adhocracy is intentionally ‘adhoc’ instead of bureaucratic. Adhocracies value the ability to adapt quickly, flexibility and employee empowerment (with an emphasis on individual initiative). Corporate levels exist in an adhocracy, but they are less strictly defined and valued than in traditional corporate environments.
- Trusting: We trust one another with information
- Sincere: We do what we say and say what we mean.
- Devoted: We love pets.
- Original: We are innovative and fair.
- Genuine: We are free to express our true selves.
- Simple: Simple is better.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about