Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. The UK is Trupanion's technology and innovation centre of excellence. We create solutions to ensure our members, their pets, and their vets experience unparalleled customer service. We offer a collaborative, informal, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be the very best version of themselves.
With Trupanion’s commitment and investment in leading-edge insurance technology, we are looking for a Software Architect to join our team. As a member of Trupanion UK’s IT team, you will play a leading role in helping to shape the company’s flagship solution, with responsibility for the architectural design of our SAAS scalable cloud-based solution and it’s integrations, all within an Azure DevOps environment. Working closely with colleagues from the UK, USA and external partners, you will be defining the structure of solutions to meet the needs and expectations of our clients, and defining and implementing future technical strategy. The role requires a blend of deep technical experience alongside excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
This position is an entirely remote role open to candidates anywhere in the UK. Candidates who prefer an in-office option may choose to work a hybrid schedule out of our Altrincham office.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for the architectural design of solutions, subsystems and system components, aligned with our company goals
- Define technical solutions based on user needs, costs and required integrations with existing applications/platforms
- Review existing systems architecture and recommend and implement improvements
- Research, identify, select and test technology products required for solution delivery
- Establish, implement and document the technology integration or migration strategies
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and new technologies
- Ensure consistent and correct implementation of architectural strategy and monitor the implementation of end-to-end integrated systems
- Maintain architectural products and systems to ensure they remain efficient
- Liaise with product owners, business analysts, developers, infrastructure, DevOps and management teams to develop and implement design concepts which are in accordance with the solution requirements and provide expertise and architectural assistance
- Work as a member of Agile project teams to define, estimate and complete agreed tasks to the timescales
- To promote and embody Trupanions Team DNA in all aspects of your work and interactions with internal and external stakeholders
- Previous experience essential in a software architectural role on scalable SAAS cloud platform solutions in a DevOps environment, developing strategic systems architecture plans and responsibility for system design and integration
- Experience in architecture best practice methodologies and modelling tools
- Extensive experience in the development and implementation of computer systems
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Proven planning and time-management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present and communicate your design work
- Experience of working in an Azure DevOps application environment, designing scalable solutions
- OOD, N-Tier architectures and software patterns and techniques
- Infrastructure and Information Security technologies and standards
- Experience in applying SAST and DAST techniques to manage application security
- Experience in .NET, ASP.NET, MVC, Core and Visual Studio
- Experience in designing service oriented architectures (microservices, REST frameworks)
- Experience in designing synchronisation solutions using Azure Service Bus, subscription and outbox patterns
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum environment,
- Knowledge of tools such as Kubernetes, Swagger, Docker
- Logical and physical data modelling and technologies such as SQL Server and NoSQL
- Experience in working with software version tracking/coordination tools (e.g. Git, Jira)
- Testing frameworks, automated testing approaches and tools
Education, Registration & Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or equivalent work experience preferred
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Private medical insurance and health cash plans
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Five-week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly, and fun office environment
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life Insurance
- Rocket Lawyer
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself: https://aqinsure.tech/working-at-aq/
Trupanion Team DNA:
At Trupanion, we achieve great things together when we are:
- Caring: We are kind to each other and assume positive intent.
- Collaborative: We work together to achieve company goals (we not me).
- Courageous: We are determined, take risks, and make bold moves.
- Curious: We seek new information to continually better ourselves and our work.
- Honest: We believe candid communication leads to successful teamwork.
- Inclusive: We welcome and value all people and perspectives.
- Nimble: We readily adapt and evolve in pursuit of progress and innovation.
For more information about Trupanion, visit https://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request reasonable adjustments.