Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion, we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.Position Summary:
The Trupanion Finance team is seeking a Finance Manager to support our high growth subscription business! In this role, you will partner with leaders in the organization to ensure we have the financial insights and visibility we need to achieve our goals. If you are highly motivated, extremely collaborative and capable of managing across diverse leadership styles and priorities, you will excel in this position.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Oversee planning, forecasting and other financial modeling for Trupanion’s subscription business.
- Collaborate with Finance leadership and cross-functional teams to establish targets, track progress and measure results.
- Influence organizational decision-making through development of data-informed insights and recommendations.
- Advocate change, continuously seeking opportunities to optimize and drive scale.
*A cover letter is required for this position.*
Education, Registration & Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
- 5+ years of experience in finance or accounting
- Progressive experience in financial analysis, modeling, budgeting and reporting
- Public company experience a plus
- Strong analytical, strategic thinking and financial modeling skills
- Energetic and highly motivated, with the tendency to be flexible and excel in a sometimes ambiguous, fast-paced environment
- Track record and passion for growing and mentoring team members
- Superior written and oral communication skills, as well as the ability to effectively interact with different levels of management
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off
- Five-week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly, and fun office environment
- Free dog walking services for office pets during business hours
- Free medical health insurance for your pet (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Free on-site gym
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
At Trupanion, we achieve great things together when we are:
- Caring: We are kind to each other and assume positive intent.
- Collaborative: We work together to achieve company goals (we not me).
- Courageous: We are determined, take risks, and make bold moves.
- Curious: We seek new information to continually better ourselves and our work.
- Honest: We believe candid communication leads to successful teamwork.
- Inclusive: We welcome and value all people and perspectives.
- Nimble: We readily adapt and evolve in pursuit of progress and innovation.
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.