Territory Sales Partner - Pittsburgh, PA
Trupanion is seeking experienced, pet passionate people to be Territory Partners throughout the United States!
A Trupanion Territory Partner serves as a consultant to Trupanion, and is the exclusive representative for our pet health insurance product within a specified area. Our territories are EXCLUSIVE; we have one Partner per territory.
As a Territory Partner, you will be an independent contractor who earns revenue from Trupanion while helping veterinarians and pet owners provide the highest quality medical care to their pets.
You will be a significant link between veterinary hospitals and our company. Territory Partners build relationships and educate veterinarians, vet techs, and office staff about how having clients who are insured by Trupanion will not only benefit their practice, but also the lives of the companion animals and families they serve.
This position is contingent on successfully obtaining a Property and Casualty license in your state, or province, of residence. The licensing process involves an additional state, or provincial, background check that looks into a candidate's entire history from age 18 onward. For additional information, please see the Department of Insurance website in the state, or province, in which you reside.
This job requires physically visiting animal hospitals and all team members visiting animal hospitals are required to be vaccinated
Key Functions include:
- Knowledge in the animal health industry and day-to-day operations of veterinary hospitals
- Understanding of the entire companion animal medical insurance industry, including the Trupanion product
- Manage an aggressive sales cycle, while spending time on the road, visiting clinics and veterinary hospitals within your territory
- Build a book of business and break open a new market/territory
- Relationship management
The Right Candidate will have:
- The drive to help others and make a difference
- Ability to be a self-starter
- A commitment to the business
- Relationship building skills to build and maintain relationships with veterinary clinics, hospitals, and veterinary staff
- A serious passion for pets, with a strong belief in Trupanion’s mission to help the pets we all love receive the best veterinary care
- An eagerness to learn effective sales techniques
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
Compensation: An enrollment fee is paid for every new pet with a residual fee paid each month that pet remains enrolled.
There is also an option for a monthly guarantee component*
Below are estimated commission projections – individual results may vary.
Year 1: $4,500 - $15,000
Year 2: $18,000 - $40,000
Year 3: $41,000 - $74,000
Year 4: $71,000 - $112,000
Year 5: $107,000 - $155,000
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.