Senior Software Engineer in Test (SDET)
Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion, we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
Trupanion, North America’s fastest-growing pet insurance provider is looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to join our DevOps Team. In this role, you'll lead a small team to design and implement automated software testing to enable Continuous Delivery to support the rapid growth of the company.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Be a champion for our customers by designing and implementing tools and automation frameworks for efficient testing to enable CI/CD build and release pipelines.
- Work with Development, Program Management, and Operations to enforce best practices for software development across multiple teams.
- Use performance monitoring tools and reporting results.
- Supervise, train, and guide team members while mediating any interpersonal issues.
- Inspire and empower your team while implementing team goals and objectives.
- Support the career development of others, actively mentoring individuals.
Education, Registration & Certification:
- Bachelor’s level degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of development and performance test experience in a hybrid cloud computing environment
- 5+ years of technical experience developing .NET solutions
- Experience with source control systems, release management, and source code configuration control
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Experience with the design and implementation of application and web testing tools and frameworks
- Strong coding skills with 5+ years of experience in .NET and C# and Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with Git and the Microsoft-centric SDLC development tools (Visual Studio, Azure DevOps, TFS, etc.)
- Ability to communicate with internal business leaders to ensure technical solutions align with and support business needs
- Experience with common data structures, algorithms, and distributed systems
- Quick learner with a passion for testing and becoming a domain expert
Familiarity of SOME of the following (knowledge of all is not required or expected):
- RESTful Web services (Microsoft Web API & Microsoft ASP.NET MVC)
- Enterprise Service Bus platforms (RabbitMQ or similar)
- PaaS / SaaS cloud services on Azure, AWS, or equivalent
- IOC Containers (Castle Windsor, Ninject, Autofac, Unity, etc.)
- Unit testing. Familiarity with mocking frameworks (MOQ or Visual Studio Mocking Framework, etc.)
- NoSQL experience (MongoDB & REDIS)
- Microsoft WPF using the MVVM pattern
- Elastic/Kibana/Grafana or like tools (New Relic, DataDog)
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off
- Five week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly and fun office environment
- Free dog walking services for office pets during business hours
- Free medical health insurance for your pet (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Free on-site gym
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
Things We Value
- Caring: We care about each other.
- Adhocracy: An adhocracy is intentionally ‘adhoc’ instead of bureaucratic. Adhocracies value the ability to adapt quickly, flexibility and employee empowerment.
- Trusting: We trust one another with information
- Sincere: We do what we say and say what we mean.
- Devoted: We love pets.
- Original: We are innovative and fair.
- Genuine: We are free to express our true selves.
- Simple: Simple is better.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.