Veterinary Sales Associate - Rhode Island (Part time)
Territory Partner Associate - Rhode Island
We are looking for a driven, reliable, extremely organized, pet passionate individual with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a veterinary hospital environment to help build, maintain and strengthen relationships with veterinary practices in Rhode Island!
This position would require the individual to visit veterinary practices, build relationships, and educate hospital staff on the advantages of having insured clients and how to incorporate this into their workflow. This is a great opportunity for an experienced vet tech or practice manager looking for a groundbreaking opportunity within our industry. Does this sound like you?!
The ideal candidate will be comfortable with a 2 day per week commitment, a high level of activity to assist in maintaining and building our success, and be open to growth. In this role, you'll earn a base monthly salary and have the opportunity to grow your earnings. Earning potential goes up year over year.
- Thorough understanding of the Veterinary Industry (minimum of the 5 years veterinary clinic experience)
- Passion for helping eliminate economic euthanasia in dogs & cats
- Must have the personality to build relationships with our partnering veterinarian practices throughout the market/territory
- Ability to present to hospital owners and staff with confidence
- Must be pet passionate and possess a strong belief in our mission to give responsible pet owners the ability to provide the best care for their pet when it becomes sick or injured
- Able to establish and maintain good relations with customers by providing courteous, efficient, and professional service
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- An innate entrepreneurial drive, embodying an attitude of persistence and patience
- Outstanding communication and listening skills and a professional appearance
- Experience in field sales, cold calling, and building a business
- Sales & Marketing background a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (primarily Outlook, Excel, and Word)
- Must live in Rhode Island and be willing to be on the road visiting hospitals 2 days/week in addition to some administrative work from a home office
- Must possess valid and clean driver’s license record and reliable car
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop, and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
Things We Value
- Caring: We care about each other.
- Adhocracy: An adhocracy is intentionally ‘adhoc’ instead of bureaucratic. Adhocracies value the ability to adapt quickly, flexibility and employee empowerment.
- Trusting: We trust one another with information
- Sincere: We do what we say and say what we mean.
- Devoted: We love pets.
- Original: We are innovative and fair.
- Genuine: We are free to express our true selves.
- Simple: Simple is better.