Veterinary Sales Associate - San Diego, CA
We are looking for a driven, reliable, extremely organized, pet passionate individual with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a veterinary hospital environment or 2 years’ experience in sales to help build, maintain, and strengthen relationships with veterinary practices in the San Diego area!
This position would require the individual to visit veterinary practices, build relationships and educate hospital staff on the advantages of having insured clients and how to incorporate this into their workflow. This is a great opportunity for an experienced vet tech or practice manager looking for a groundbreaking opportunity within our industry. Does this sound like you?!
The ideal candidate will be comfortable with a 25 hour per week commitment with a flexible schedule. In this role, you'll earn an hourly salary and have the opportunity to bonus. Earning potential goes up year over year.
This position is contingent on successfully obtaining a Property and Casualty license in California. The licensing process involves an additional state background check that looks into a candidate's entire history from age 18 onward. For additional information, please see the Department of Insurance website.
- Thorough understanding of the Veterinary Industry (minimum of 2 years veterinary clinic experience ideal)
- 2 years or more of sales experience ideal
- Passion for helping eliminate economic euthanasia in dogs & cats
- Must have the personality to build relationships with our partnering veterinarian practices throughout the territory
- Ability to present to hospital owners and staff with confidence
- Must be pet passionate and possess a strong belief in our mission to give responsible pet owners the ability to provide the best care for their pet when it becomes sick or injured
- Able to establish and maintain good relations with customers by providing courteous, efficient, and professional service
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- An innate entrepreneurial drive, embodying an attitude of persistence and patience
- Outstanding communication, listening skills, and a professional appearance
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (primarily Outlook, Excel, and Word)
- Must live within the San Diego area and be willing to be on the road visiting hospitals 20 hours a week in addition to some administrative work from a home office (5 hours per week). Must have reliable computer/laptop as well as a printer for this role.
- Must possess valid and clean driver’s license record and reliable car
- Must acquire and maintain a P&C Insurance License in order to be employed
- 1-week remote training (Zoom video & highly interactive)
We’re more than insurance – we’re a tech company too! Learn more about how you can use Trupanion to pay your vet directly here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdWZ4KHiPTQ
Trupanion Team DNA:
At Trupanion, we achieve great things together when we are:
- Caring: We are kind to each other and assume positive intent.
- Collaborative: We work together to achieve company goals (we not me).
- Courageous: We are determined, take risks, and make bold moves.
- Curious: We seek new information to continually better ourselves and our work.
- Honest: We believe candid communication leads to successful teamwork.
- Inclusive: We welcome and value all people and perspectives.
- Nimble: We readily adapt and evolve in pursuit of progress and innovation.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about