Full Stack Developer
Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. The UK is Trupanion's technology and innovation centre of excellence. We create solutions to ensure our members, their pets, and their vets experience unparalleled customer service. We offer a collaborative, informal, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be the very best version of themselves.
With Trupanion’s commitment and investment in leading-edge insurance technology, we are looking for a full-stack developer to join our team. As a member of Trupanion UK’s IT team, you will be joining an experienced team of developers, using the latest development toolsets to deliver our flagship solution. Working in an agile framework on a SAAS scalable cloud-based solution and it’s integrations, all within an Azure DevOps environment. You will work closely with fellow full-stack and front-end developers and collaborate with our Project Managers, Business Analysts, DevOps and QA teams to deliver new and enhanced features to our applications.
This position is an entirely remote role open to candidates anywhere in the UK. Candidates who prefer an in-office option may choose to work a hybrid schedule out of our Altrincham office.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Work as a member of Agile project teams to define, estimate and complete agreed tasks to the timescales
- Develop and maintain well-functioning databases and applications
- Write effective RESTful APIs
- Involvement in the design of client-side and server-side architecture
- Test software to ensure integrity, accuracy, responsiveness and performance
- Add new features and enhance existing features according to the specification provided.
- Investigate and troubleshoot issues, providing IT support to other departments within Trupanion and its associated companies.
- Create and undertake unit tests, recording all results in accordance with the Trupanion’s procedures and best practice.
- Perform all work in accordance with the company’s documented development, OWASP, ISO27001 and PCI DSS standards and guidelines.
- Promote and embody Trupanion’s Team DNA in all aspects of your work and interactions with internal and external stakeholders
Proven experience in a Software Development position focused on the following area:
- Working in an Azure application environment, developing scalable solutions
- Working in an Agile methodology, utilising DevOps/CI/CD practices
- Extensive experience in .NET, ASP.NET, MVC and Core
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- In-depth knowledge of Visual Studio and back-end languages (e.g. C#, Java), SQL Server and Entity Framework Core (ORM)
- Experience in building RESTful APIs and working with software version tracking/coordination tools (e.g. Git, Jira)
- Knowledge of development and management tools such as Swagger, Postman, SOAPUI, Node.js, MSTest, Docker, NuGet, NPM, OOD, N-Tier architectures and software patterns and techniques
- Experience applying SAST and DAST techniques to manage application security
- Ability to write quality unit tests
- Demonstrate a good understanding of current technology stacks
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and organisational skills, with strong accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability and track record of working as part of a busy team and work effectively under pressure to tight deadlines, and to think proactively and logically
- Excellent independent and team time management skills
- Must be decisive, able to focus on priorities
Education, Registration & Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems or related preferred, equivalent experience accepted.
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Private medical insurance and health cash plans
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Five-week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly, and fun office environment
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life Insurance
- Rocket Lawyer
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself: https://aqinsure.tech/working-at-aq/
Trupanion Team DNA:
At Trupanion, we achieve great things together when we are:
- Caring: We are kind to each other and assume positive intent.
- Collaborative: We work together to achieve company goals (we not me).
- Courageous: We are determined, take risks, and make bold moves.
- Curious: We seek new information to continually better ourselves and our work.
- Honest: We believe candid communication leads to successful teamwork.
- Inclusive: We welcome and value all people and perspectives.
- Nimble: We readily adapt and evolve in pursuit of progress and innovation.
For more information about Trupanion, visit https://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request reasonable adjustments.