Software Business Analyst
Working with business leaders across the organization, the Software Business Analyst drives planning and requirements capturing for the systems at the core of our operations, and then collaborates with the software development team to turn those plans into reality. Strong candidates are passionate about analyzing and solving business problems, clearly documenting and communicating about sophisticated systems, and rapidly adapting in a fast-paced environment. You must be a results-oriented person who can think strategically and work optimally with a broad array of partners. A special focus on finance will ensure we address these unique needs.
Candidates for this position have the option to work remotely from anywhere in Canada.
Key Responsibilities Include:
As part of our application development team, you will work with finance business owners and subject matter experts to identify and analyze requirements to propose solutions and distinguish true business needs.
- Collaborate with development teams, and PMs to maintain product backlogs and deliver user stories in an agile development environment.
- Clearly communicate status, major decisions, tradeoffs, future plans, and opportunities to management and colleagues.
- Collect feedback from product users and fold the feedback into future product plans
Qualifications (Please include a cover letter with your application!)
- 3-5 yrs experience working on software application development projects
- Demonstrated ability to analyze requirements for complex software systems over multiple releases
- 3-5 yrs experience working with financial systems, reporting and processes
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Excellent analysis skills including the ability to differentiate critical business requirements from proposed solutions
- Good communication, listening, and interpersonal skills with proven ability to impact & influence business partners
- A self-starter who can build a strong rapport and trust with resources across multiple functional areas.
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Employer-paid extended health coverage for you and your family
- Four weeks paid time off
- Five weeks, paid, sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Employer-paid medical insurance for one pet (cat or dog)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Open, casual, pet-friendly, and fun work environment
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
We’re more than insurance – we’re a tech company too! Learn more about how you can use Trupanion to pay your vet directly here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdWZ4KHiPTQ
Trupanion Team DNA:
At Trupanion, we achieve great things together when we are:
- Caring: We are kind to each other and assume positive intent.
- Collaborative: We work together to achieve company goals (we not me).
- Courageous: We are determined, take risks, and make bold moves.
- Curious: We seek new information to continually better ourselves and our work.
- Honest: We believe candid communication leads to successful teamwork.
- Inclusive: We welcome and value all people and perspectives.
- Nimble: We readily adapt and evolve in pursuit of progress and innovation.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.