Pricing Data Analyst
Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion, we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
At this time, we unfortunately can only accept applications from those who are authorized to work in the United States and do not require sponsorship now or in the future.
The Actuarial team at Trupanion is adding Data Analysts. We need hardworking data specialists who have the ability to creatively come up with data-focused solutions to problems, mine data sources, and communicate the results. Successful candidates will be analytical and technical, is a fast learner a good communicator and shares our passion for data and pets!
Initial Key Responsibilities Include:
- Information specialist with the ability to understand & translate data into recommended actions.
- Gather and summarize data from a variety of data sources
- Develops ad hoc analyses from start to finish: conceptualization, data gathering, analysis, presentation, and monitoring.
- Build and augment analytical capabilities in understanding revenue and loss trends, lifetime value, retention
- Cultivates effective working relationships with key internal business partners across the organization to create an environment of knowledge sharing.
Qualifications (Please include a cover letter with your application!)
Education, Registration & Certification:
- Bachelor's degree in finance, mathematics, statistics, or another quantitative field.
- 1-3 demonstrated ability with Data Analysis
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, SQL, and statistics programs
- Passion for teaching skills and collaborating with team members across the company
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility to work independently and in a team-based environment
- Highly driven and motivated to work in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Strong understanding of business strategy
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off
- Five week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly and fun office environment
- Free dog walking services for office pets during business hours
- Free medical health insurance for your pet (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Free on-site gym
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
Trupanion Team DNA:
At Trupanion, we achieve great things together when we are:
- Caring:We are kind to each other and assume positive intent.
- Collaborative:We work together to achieve company goals (we not me).
- Courageous:We are determined, take risks, and make bold moves.
- Curious:We seek new information to continually better ourselves and our work.
- Honest:We believe candid communication leads to successful teamwork.
- Inclusive:We welcome and value all people and perspectives.
- Nimble:We readily adapt and evolve in pursuit of progress and innovation.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.