Principal - Strategy and Life Sciences Consulting
A member of the Leadership Team, the Principal fulfills a key management role at Trinity. This individual will work as an engagement leader on client projects, a strategic leader on talent/staff management, and an intellectual leader for further expanding the firm’s capabilities. More specifically, s/he will be responsible for marketing and branding the team’s expertise to create client/project collaboration opportunities. Through developing strong relationships with new and existing clients, s/he will be responsible for exceeding pre-established revenue objectives. The Principal will also fulfill a highly strategic role in support of the firm’s success by: identifying innovative initiatives and implementing those; contributing as a strategic business partner to senior management; and developing short and long term goals and spearheading the implementation of related activities. With the support of assigned staff, s/he will lead and ensure superb delivery on client proposals and projects. The Principal will create business opportunities in close collaboration with other members of the Leadership Team.
- Serve as the management level contact to lead discussions, oversee all presentations, and ensure thorough project implementations and quality deliveries.
- Develop and grow business through lead and revenue generation, expansion of team and furthering team capabilities.
- Source additional business by both effectively managing existing accounts/clients, and securing new accounts/clients.
- Meet revenue goals individually and through managing project team revenues.
- Proactively engage staff in business development opportunities as appropriate to assist with and facilitate their growth.
- Be viewed by the client as Trinity’s expert resource, and demonstrate external thought-partner relationship development capability with multiple clients.
Company Management / Leadership
- Support senior management as an innovative thought-leader with self-initiative and commitment to the firm’s success.
- Oversee budgets, exceed revenue goals and maintain expenses to ensure appropriate pricing and budget control.
- Serve as the subject-matter expert on multiple therapeutic and/or practice areas, both internally and externally.
- Lead internal and external initiatives that further the firm’s status and capabilities.
Staff Development / Mentorship
- Be accountable for overall progression of staff, with particular focus on development of future management team
- Lead and manage assigned teams, ensuring excellence in client deliverables and staff progression.
- Proactively identify development opportunities for staff and supervisors, provide related guidance, and facilitate their success.
- Be a mentor and guide staff and supervisors on professional growth.
- Oversee staff and supervisor training, identifying needs and facilitating opportunities.
- Identify key contributors and high potential employees to ensure their retention in support of company’s low T/O objectives.
- Oversee the successful delivery of client projects, guiding teams and taking ownership of the deliverables.
- Set strategic direction for project activities, guiding supervisors on daily tasks and resource allocation.
- Be an exemplary role model for producing quality results, ensuring high work ethics, professionalism and encouraging team work.
Education: Advanced degree with a life science focus, or an MBA with a demonstrated interest in the life science field.
Work Experience: 10+ years of experience in consulting or working in a related position within the health care industry
- Excellent quantitative skills and direct experience with complex commercial analyses and assignments
- Advanced project-management skills
- Demonstrated success with client development
- Successful team management and staff development
- Above average proficiency in MSOffice Suite and other consulting-related software
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal relations skills
- Desire and ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently in a multi-task environment
TRINITY is a trusted strategic partner, providing evidence-based solutions for the life sciences. With over 20 years of experience, we are committed to solving our clients’ most challenging problems through exceptional levels of service, powerful tools, and data-driven insights.
TRINITY’s range of products and services includes industry-leading benchmarking solutions, powered by TGaS. To learn more about how we are elevating life sciences and driving from evidence to action, visit trinitylifesciences.com.