Engagement Manager, Contracting Strategy
Trinity is seeking a talented Engagement Manager to join our Strategic Pricing Access Reimbursement and Contracting (SPARC) team. This key management team role has a primary objective to expand our SPARC organization by enhancing core capabilities and delivering strategic and analytics services for Trinity’s life science clients to provide manufacturer contracting strategies and strategic analytical and decision making support for contracts with commercial managed care organizations (MCO), government payer, and US healthcare providers.
Payer and Provider contracting strategy and analytics is a critical consideration for our clients’ US and global go-to-market strategies. We are seeking a seasoned individual to work closely with the SPARC senior leadership team to lead client projects, support account management and development, help grow our provider contracting strategy and analytics services, and train and develop our staff to support these capabilities.
For commercial MCO contracting, Trinity advises manufacturer clients on contracting strategies to minimize payer controls on product use and to establish appropriate formulary tier positioning in order to establish optimal patient access. For US healthcare provider contracting, Trinity advises manufacturers on contracting and distribution strategies for products which are purchased and administered by medical providers and institutions. The position will also support an integrated strategic perspective across other SPARC functions as needed, notably including related project and internal works in pricing and general market access topics.
As an experienced SPARC hire, this individual with help develop and deepen Trinity’s SPARC payer and provider contracting capabilities to keep pace with an evolving industry environment and our clients’ needs. In addition to contracting-focused project work, this individual will work with cross-functional Trinity teams on project types including but not limited to: Business Development, commercial strategy, & forecasting and data analytics. Strong organizational and social skills and appetite to develop a SPARC and provider contracting practice in a fast growing life sciences firm are a must.
- “Right-hand” person / partner to head of Trinity’s provider contracting team as well as broader SPARC leadership group to grow Trinity’s SPARC services and industry awareness and recognition
- Represent Trinity internally as well as with clients and potential clients by establishing credibility and client trust as a reliable and informed “market access and contracting expert”
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative market data and turn into actionable client solutions & insights
- Familiar with payer and provider contract strategies, structures, and concessions: Off-invoice discounting, rebates, volume/ share / loyalty / growth performance-based structures, GPO and distributor administrative fees, prompt pay, PHS / 340B segment pricing
- Familiar with manufacturer workflow and decision making for payer and managed care contracts including evaluations for pre-deal analytics, assessment of contract impact analogs, post-deal performance evaluation and reporting through analyses of share impact, payer control impact, and return on investment (ROI)
- Familiar with core stakeholders and business environment related to the payer and provider contracting environment and landscape. Notably: full line wholesalers and distributors, specialty distributors, specialty pharmacies, group purchasing organizations (GPOs), third party logistics (3PL) providers, and contracting customers (MCOs, Pharmacy Benefit Managers (PBMs), community oncology clinics, Outpatient infusion clinics, Community Oncology Association members, integrated delivery networks (IDN), hospital networks and health systems).
- Familiar with customer economic perspectives and core concepts relative to WAC Pricing, Invoice pricing, Rebates, commercial and government reimbursement mechanics, & practice / account net cost recovery and return on investment
- Familiar with evolving state/federal public policy developments related to provider reimbursement
- Familiar with the following markets and key market manufacturers: Oncology, Multiple Sclerosis, Hemophilia, Immunology, Anti-infectives, and Vaccines
- Help lead internal team training materials development and enhancement relative to the above concepts. Assist in training coordination and delivery for Trinity colleagues and project delivery teams.
- Manage time and client deliverables effectively with regular communication to leadership/management team
- Coordinate and oversee project delivery and project primary point of contact for clients
- Participate in recruiting efforts, together with providing training and mentoring support to new SPARC staff
- Create and manage client proposals and presentations
- Fulfill other related roles as assigned from time to time
Education: Advanced degree
Work Experience: Minimum of 5 years of experience in life science consulting or industry, ideally with both US and ex-US pricing and market access responsibilities
- Solid relevant experience with US government pricing mechanics and their impact on US pricing and reimbursement. Including but not limited to Average Selling Price (ASP), Average Manufacturer Price (AMP), Medicaid Unit Rebate Amount (URA), Consumer Price Index penalty (CPI-U), Best Price, and Federal Supply Schedule / VA / DoD pricing
- Solid relevant experience with modeling and pro-forma projections for Gross to Net (GTN) and core US government pricing (GP) calculations.
- Established ability to supervise and train staff on pricing, market access, and payer / provider contracting engagements
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills required
- Above average proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal relations skills
- Desire and ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently in a multi-task environment