Account Assistant - TaiPak
TaiPak Enterprises Ltd. Is the flexible packaging division within TricorBraun Canada. It’s great for people who love to work hard and play hard. We are a group of people with lots of energy and we aim to provide our customers with exceptional services. We are headquartered in Richmond BC with our other branches in Toronto, Calgary and Taiwan.
With manufacturing facilities and carefully selected partners in Asia and Europe, we have the ability to develop flexible packaging solutions coined as “from concept to consumer.”
TricorBraun Canada is the Canadian industry leader in plastic, glass and flexible packaging. We are also part of TricorBraun, a global packaging leader founded in 1902, with locations around the world and sales well more than $1 billion. TricorBraun works with client’s step by step through the design and engineering phases to create packaging solutions that are practical, innovative and appealing to our target markets. We lead our industry because we focus on our customers, but success like ours begins with passionate and dedicated team members. Across our organization we have unlimited opportunities for people looking to grow and succeed.
Our Operating Principles
We are working together to build the undisputed global packaging leader. We will achieve this objective through the pursuit of five core operating principles:
1. We exist to serve customers. All team members are here to serve the customer. We deliver exceptional products and services to our customers.
2. We create the best place for the best people. The team with the best players wins.
3. We deliver results. We are committed to delivering results for customers, team members, supply partners and shareholders.
4. We get things done. We keep things simple and do them quickly.
5. We do things the right way, always. Winning only counts if done the right way.
Due to significant growth in our Canadian business we are looking to add an Account Assistant.
Under general supervision, guided by established standards and procedures, this position is responsible for providing administrative support to the Business Development team to ensure that the team’s internal operations are maintained in an effective, up to date, and accurate manner.
You will begin with a training program that spans classroom, online and hands on work with other team members to learn our business, our industry and sales process. If you are hungry to be a part of a high-growth customer-focused team and you are confident in your exceptional customer skills, then this could be the right role for you!
To be a good fit for this opportunity you will have:
• Provide administrative support to the Business Development team by obtaining, analyzing and verifying the accuracy of order information in a timely manner
• Prepare and follow-up on daily report items to suppliers
•Manage order processing for custom & stock orders, including: invoicing, order tracking and customer status updating, and delivery scheduling with customers
• Coordinate with the Warehouse Coordinator on local deliveries
• Provide customer service support, such as greeting and assisting customers, answering phones, directing calls and responding to inquiries
• Assist to provide pricing and product information for stock orders
• Assist the team for payment collection of accounts
•Under general guidance of the Account Coordinator, assist the tradeshow planning phase by preparing samples and displays as needed
• Attend and coordinate tradeshows
• Follow-up with customers after the tradeshow
• Support, train, or relieve other team members as required
•General understanding of industry conditions
• Languages skills: excellent verbal and written communications skills in both English & Mandarin preferred
• Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word)
• Problem-solving skills; work well under competing goals
• Organizational and multitasking skills
• Work well in team environment
Career opportunities -- We are a stable and growing company offering a product that is widely recognized and useful. That means that across our organization we have plenty of ways to help people who are looking to grow and succeed. If you’ve got the drive to get out there and grab it, you’ll find lots of opportunity here.
Training and development -- Our commitment to your career development helps to set us apart as an employer. We want to enhance your potential, both for your personal development and as a contributor to our firm. That’s why we provide every opportunity to expand your skills, knowledge, and experiences through formal education, leadership development opportunities, and informal one-on-one coaching and mentoring from your TricorBraun colleagues.
Stable industry -- The packaging industry is a particularly stable one because, no matter how the economy is doing there is always a need for containers to carry consumer products. With our long history, exceptional experience, and wide range of offerings we’re the industry leader in this niche industry.
Strong culture -- We strive to create and sustain a great work environment in which we are able to achieve and exceed personal and professional goals. Our people focus on service and consistently drive for results. Our company works and lives by a set of core values which include integrity, service, passion and value add which are the roots of our success.
Industry recognition -- TricorBraun has won many national and international packaging awards recognizing excellent design, function, economy and sustainability
Excellent compensation -- in addition to a competitive salary and benefits options, we also offer a RRSP plan with employer match, paid time off plus holidays, tuition reimbursement, and more.
TricorBraun is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.