- Preparing IAS 12 calculations, ASC 740 calculations (if applicable), SSAP 101 calculations, deferred tax scrubs and related reporting disclosures for assigned subsidiaries of Fairfax (US) Inc.
- Preparing Federal tax compliance for assigned subsidiaries of Fairfax (US) Inc.
- Preparing State tax compliance, as requested
- Assisting with International tax compliance and reporting, as requested
- Assisting with tax accounting for Investments, as requested
- Preparing calculations and assisting with research and detailed analysis related to partnerships for the Fairfax (US) Inc. and Subsidiaries group, as requested
- Providing support for Federal and State direct and indirect tax audits, as requested
- Staying current with new developments in tax law and accounting for taxes
- Computing calculations related to tax basis and earnings & profits, as requested
- Assisting with Internal Control testing, as requested
- Assisting with other special projects, as requested
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to work with others to achieve team goals in a dynamic work environment
- Strong independent work ethic
- Strong analytical, project management and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Process improvement mindset
- Strong computer skills, particularly the Microsoft suite; experience with Corptax a plus
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging
Fairfax Tax, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, LGBTQ+, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.