Human Resources Associate/ Benefits
Purpose and Importance of Position
Responsible for the day-to-day coordination of the Company’s group benefit programs (health, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, worker’s compensation, life insurance, travel and accident plan, flexible spending plan, ESOP, Wellness, 401(k) plan, and FMLA).
- Provide new employees with an explanation of benefits and instruct them on enrollment procedures and deadlines.
- Maintains current benefit system ensuring employee information is entered timely and accurately.
- Creates and conducts in-person and online new hire benefit presentations and orientations.
- Serves as the primary contact for inquires by employees concerning their benefits.
- Resolve employee issues with insurance providers and other benefits administrators.
- Coordinates individual and annual open enrollments, COBRA administration, coverage changes and terminations, disability, life insurance, and accident and death claims, etc.
- Responsible for the maintenance of benefit policies and procedures ensuring information is update to date and accurate.
- Ensures compliance with applicable government regulations for the Individual Retirement Plan/401(k) and Health and Wellness Plans. Responsible for accurate and timely submission of required filing and notices.
- Gathers data from benefit system to conduct audits for accuracy and processing of monthly billings for active and retiree population.
- Coordinate leaves of absence (medical, worker’s compensation etc.).
- Assist with the preparation and design of materials for orientations and open enrollment.
- Responsible for the administration of the company’s wellness system.
- Coordinate tuition and wellness reimbursement and work with payroll to ensure processed timely and accurately.
- Works closely with the HR Compensation Associate to ensure accurate and timely benefit deduction changes and year-end reporting.
- Provides additional HR support and project assignments as team needs dictate.
- Excellent verbal, written communication, organization and strong analytical skills required.
- Capable of managing several projects simultaneously while working to meet deadlines.
- Strong computer proficiency and technical aptitude with MS Word, advanced Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint, and HRIS required.
- Develops creative ideas and solutions to real time business problems and/or business opportunities; takes reasonable, calculated risks even if failure is possible.
- Empowers self and teammates to continuously improve RiverStone’s business processes/ systems and develops and escalates ideas and solutions.
- Consistently delivers superior customer service to both internal and external business partners.
- Demonstrates alignment with RiverStone’s Commitments.
- Prioritizes and organizes work in self-directed manner.
- Attains and maintains knowledge of assigned department.
- Performs other duties as required, including supporting and coordinating with other department colleagues.
- 5+ years’ experience in HR required.
Preferred Education or Certification
Four-year college degree
Minimal to none, based upon business needs.
Work Environment / Physical Demands
This position operates in a professional cubicle based collaborative environment and must have the ability to timely produce thorough, accurate work with many competing demands, deadlines, and distractions. The position uses standard equipment such as phones, computers, copiers/printers and filing cabinets. Noise level is moderate. While this is a largely sedentary role, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear; stand; walk; bend; use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. On occasion the individual must be able to lift and transport boxes weighing up to 30 pounds.
Other Duties (Disclaimer Statement)
RiverStone retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position as needed, OR
Other duties or responsibilities may change or be assigned as needed.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Strong problem solving and research ability
Possess strong organizational skills
Detail oriented with the ability to meet schedules and honor deadlines