Human Resources Associate/Compensation
Purpose and Importance of Position
Responsible for the preparation and disbursement of the Company’s biweekly payroll in a multi-state environment. This position is responsible for the overall accountability for the data integrity of the Human Resource System and compliance reporting.
- Updates the payroll system according to established payroll deadlines, ensuring that all records are accurate and up-to-date, and that employee paychecks are processed correctly and timely.
- Processes all payroll transactions to include new hires, termination, salary changes, transfers, relocation, etc.
- Performs necessary actions to determine pay and deductions including Federal and State taxes, insurance, retirement, and other deductions.
- Handles all garnishments, deductions, and vacation/sick accruals
- Submits appropriate documentation to Finance to fund various benefit plans on a biweekly and monthly basis.
- Serves as the primary contact for inquires by employees concerning their paychecks.
- Serves as the primary contact for all inquiries by the Finance Department concerning general ledger posting and/or funding.
- Researches and responds to all State and Federal agencies regarding quarterly and annual deposits/filings
- Answers inquiries and completes employment verifications
- Partner with Legal and Recruitment in the set up and closure of states as required
- Assists with audits of internal records, worker’s compensation, tax filings and related documentation
- Possesses overall accountability for data integrity, including quality, accuracy, reporting, timeliness and usability (includes core systems and related interfaces). Maintains data integrity in systems through pro-active means (audits, queries, etc.)
- Assist with the Company plan and input into Oracle
- Assist with the preparation and reconciliation of annual bonus
- Assist with the annual compensation study and dissemination of information
- Works closely with the HR Benefits Associate to ensure accurate and timely benefit deduction changes and year-end reporting
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Knowledge of UltiPro and Oracle system desirable.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with MS Word, advanced Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint, and HRIS required.
- High level of Interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships, both internally and externally.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Customer service oriented with the ability for developing long lasting relationships with internal and external business partners.
- Develops creative ideas and solutions to real time business problems and/or business opportunities; takes reasonable, calculated risks even if failure is possible.
- Empowers self and teammates to continuously improve RiverStone’s business processes/ systems and develops and escalates ideas and solutions.
- Consistently delivers superior customer service to both internal and external business partners.
- Demonstrates alignment with RiverStone’s Commitments.
- Prioritizes and organizes work in self-directed manner.
- Attains and maintains knowledge of assigned department.
- Performs other duties as required, including supporting and coordinating with other department colleagues.
- 6+ years’ experience in payroll/HR required.
Preferred Education or Certification
Four-year college degree
Knowledge of Oracle Workforce
Minimal to none, based upon business needs.
Work Environment / Physical Demands
This position operates in a professional cubicle based collaborative environment and must have the ability to timely produce thorough, accurate work with many competing demands, deadlines, and distractions. The position uses standard equipment such as phones, computers, copiers/printers and filing cabinets. Noise level is moderate. While this is a largely sedentary role, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear; stand; walk; bend; use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. On occasion the individual must be able to lift and transport boxes weighing up to 30 pounds.
Other Duties (Disclaimer Statement)
RiverStone retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position as needed, OR
Other duties or responsibilities may change or be assigned as needed.
Problem Solving/Critical Thinking