Under moderate supervision, this role is responsible for issuing timely and accurate notices, status reports and billings to reinsurers and brokers within departmental requirements & goals, with a focus on complex programs and portfolios. The Senior Reinsurance Associate will also participate in reinsurance and company projects as assigned as well as train, guide and support less experienced associates.
Capital Growth / Preservation
- Accurate and timely reinsurer / broker:
- cash application, including research and clearing of cash differences
- Strategic Priorities
- focus and execution on the most valuable BNR targets
- Present during portfolio Book Reviews
Financial and Risk Reporting
- Provide relevant data and evidence of compliance in support of in/external risk, and audit reporting
- Partner with Digital Strategy to complete projects and initiatives involving accuracy of the Ceded Asset
- Ensure that the General Ledger reflects the actual amount of all manual (non-automated) billings
- Identify and implement process improvements for BNR
- Partner with Claims and Assumed Reinsurance to continuously improve the timing and quality of reinsurer reporting
- Provide training and knowledge transfer to less experienced associates
- Communicate and interact with reinsurers, brokers, and various departments within Company as needed
- Flexibility to assist management in various initiatives as needed
- May support reinsurance system improvements through user acceptance testing
- Contribute to all assigned departmental and/or company objectives and initiatives
- Serve on organizational committees or projects as assigned
- Practice the RiverStone values
- Attend external meetings and conferences as required.
- Advanced understanding of treaty and facultative reinsurance, and industry re/insurance issues
- Advanced understanding and expertise in:
- re/insurance coverage and complex claims issues
- reinsurance billing and receivables practices
- Advanced understanding of direct claims
- Understanding of assumed reinsurance claims and treaties.
- Capable of learning and understanding RiverStone’s business and data sources to fulfill directed requests.
- Strong service orientation
- Detail oriented with strong mathematical and organizational skills
- Ability to report as the right level according to requirement (Headline, Summary, Detail).
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
- Highly proficient in the use of common business applications such as Excel, Word, Access, Outlook, Teams
- High level of competency with Reinsurance Systems
- 5 plus years of Ceded reinsurance collections and billings experience required
- Asbestos, Pollution, Health Hazard and other complex claim experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of current & emerging claims and trends (Abuse, Sports, Opioid, Talc).
Four-year college degree
Preferred Education or Certification
Professional designation (ARe, CLIP)
Infrequent but as needed.
Work Environment / Physical Demands
This position operates in a:
- Professional cubicle based collaborative environment and must have the ability to timely produce thorough, accurate work with many competing demands, deadlines, and distractions. The position uses standard equipment such as phones, computers, copiers/printers and filing cabinets. Noise level is moderate. While this is a largely sedentary role, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear; stand; walk; bend; use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms, or
- Remote working environment with the ability to timely produce thorough, accurate work with many competing demands, deadlines, and distractions. The position requires standard equipment such as phones, computers, copiers/printers and filing cabinets.
Other Duties (Disclaimer Statement)
Other duties or responsibilities may change or be assigned as needed.
- Drive for Results
- Strategic Agility
- Customer Focus
- Action Oriented
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Problem Solving
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Learning on the Fly
- Process Management
- Sizing Up People
- Ethics and Values
- Motivating Others