About the Company
Headquartered in Waterloo, Wisconsin, USA Trek Bicycle Corporation is a global leader in the design and manufacturing of bicycles and related products. From the original hand-built steel touring frames introduced in 1976 to the revolutionary OCLV Carbon first introduced in 1992, Trek’s passion for innovation, quality, and performance leads the industry with next-generation thinking and cutting-edge technology.
Trek bikes have been used to climb mountains, cross streets and compete in cycling’s grandest event, the Tour de France. Today, with a broad range of bicycles and cycling products under the Trek, Bontrager and Electra brand names, Trek continues to pursue new ways to bring the joy of cycling to all people. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation and inspiration.
The company has grown about 70% in a decade and has sales of USD1bn. Trek bicycles are marketed through 1,700 dealers across North America, subsidiaries in Europe and Asia as well as distributors in 90 countries worldwide.
Job Title: Trek Assistant Controller
Reports to: Financial Controller
Location: Tres Cantos, Madrid, Spain
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
We are looking for a reliable Assistant Controller to assist in preparing statements that follow all regulatory and accounting guidelines under the supervision of a controller. You will be responsible for identifying and preventing discrepancies and helping set up control systems.
An effective assistant controller has good knowledge of accounting principles. You must be organized professionals with a great eye for detail. You must be reliable and able to carry out tasks autonomously and collaboratively.
The goal is to contribute to keep the accounting and financial processes of the company up to standard and ensure accurate financial reporting and control. You will report to the Financial Controller.
- Support most aspects of accounting management (billing, tax forms, reporting etc.)
- Assist in the formulation of internal controls and policies to comply with legislation and established best practices
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements in compliance with official guidelines and requirements
- Manage journal entries, invoices etc. and reconcile accounts for the monthly or annual closing
- Assist in the preparation of budgets or forecasts
- Participate in preparation for the annual audit
- Help in development of reports for management or regulatory bodies
- Review the company’s accounting information to identify and resolve inaccuracies or imbalances
- Utilize accounting IT system to facilitate processes and maintain records
- Track and reconcile bank statements
- Process Tax payments.
- Record accounts payable
- Process invoices and follow up with suppliers and partners as needed
- Proven experience as assistant controller or other similar position
- Solid knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and regulations
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes (budgeting, financial closure, reporting etc.)
- Understanding of data analysis and forecasting
- Working knowledge of MS Office (especially excel) and accounting software (e.g. SAP)
- Well-organized with ability to prioritize
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and problem-solving ability
- Fluency in English and Spanish
BSc/BA in accounting, finance or relevant field is preferred The contents of this Job Description are not intended to be exhaustive and you may be required to carry out other reasonable duties, which fall within your capabilities.
Job Descriptions are reviewed and amended on a regular basis in order to meet the evolving demands of the business and marketplace drivers.
Any job description provided to you by Trek will not form part of your contract of employment unless specified otherwise
We are an E-Verify employer.