Electronics Engineer Project Manager
A bit about us
Trek is an awesome place to work, with amazing benefits for all employees. We build only products we love, provide incredible hospitality to our customers, and change the world by getting more people on bikes. When you’re on our team, you’re taken care of, encouraged to learn and grow, and given lots of opportunities to do so. Give us your best, and we’ll give it right back. Sound pretty sweet? Then come join us!
Position Summary/Job Description:
As the E-Systems Project Manager in product development, you are responsible for coordinating all R&D Projects coming through that team. You will be interacting with the Product Managers, Directors, Engineers, Designers, Suppliers and the category teams using the products in their bikes.
The candidate we are looking for also must be able to juggle multiple projects and follow-through on the details and be able to prioritize work. You will assist in helping define and lock down the scope and parameters. Focusing on delivering all milestones on time and stay within budget. This will mean developing plans and having back up plans as needed.
- Long Term Planning
- Work with the Product Management Team and Directors in in developing a long-term plan for their category.
- Project Planning
- Assist the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders
- Ensuring that all projects are delivered on time, within scope and budget
- Develop a detailed plan for engineering projects
- Helping develop the timeline of bike projects
- Monitoring the risk of the project and preparing plan B’s as necessary
- Lead Communication
- Extremely strong communication skills
- Successfully manage the relationships between all stakeholders
- Developing the best way to communicate project plans, weekly issues, changes and all critical points of managing a project.
- Follow through of the details from planning to delivery into production
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Prioritizing projects
- Responsible for making sure that all projects going through that area are kicking off and delivered at the appropriate time of the year.
- Present and review with Product the launch dates making sure they are meeting the goals of our Program Management team.
- Process Development
- Communicate any outliers of the process to the Director of Program Management for approval and documentation
- Consistently look for ways to be more efficient in the process of developing products
- Review lessons learned and make updates to processes as needed
- Knowledge and use of the project management tool Workfront would be preferred
- Experience in developing electronics, either project management or engineering
- Software background would be helpful but not necessary
- Engineering background a plus
- Project Management Certification or at least 3-5 years’ experience
- A background in project, resource, and portfolio planning
- Ability to Travel Internationally and inside the US one to two times per year
Flexible and fun company culture
Competitive health care
PPO & HDHP medical plan options, Dental insurance, Vision insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Free life insurance & optional term life insurance
Competitive vacation package
401(k) with match and Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOP)
12 weeks of maternity leave with 100% pay
Flexible holiday schedule – 10 company holidays
Tuition Reimbursement up to $15,000! (Undergraduate & Masters programs)
Employee discounts on all product
Deep partner retail discounts
We are an E-Verify employer.