Senior Global Transportation Analyst
A bit about us
Trek is an awesome place to work, with amazing benefits for all employees. We build only products we love, provide incredible hospitality to our customers, and change the world by getting more people on bikes. When you’re on our team, you’re taken care of, encouraged to learn and grow, and given lots of opportunities to do so. Give us your best, and we’ll give it right back. Sound pretty sweet? Then come join us!
The Senior Global Transportation Analyst will manage global transportation partnerships and initiatives for ocean and air modes within Trek’s international supply chain. Responsibilities include managing global logistics partner’s performance, leading the freight procurement process, and identifying areas of opportunity within global transportation network. This position is instrumental in optimizing Trek's logistics network across all channels and geographies, supporting a fast, efficient, and cost-effective global supply chain.
- Develop strong carrier relationships to ensure high levels of service and communication.
- Manage communications with carriers including rate negotiation, contracting, on-time service expectations, and quarterly business reviews.
- Develop automated reporting to analyze and manage current transportation spend and carrier performance.
- Work with internal stakeholders to optimize routing, maximize performance, and minimize cost.
- Provide creative and insightful recommendations on transportation strategy based on data analysis.
- Resolve inquiries from internal customers and external vendors regarding shipment issues, carrier services, and transportation strategy.
- Initiate, lead and support air and ocean freight bids throughout the year. Analyze results and lead recommended actions.
- Manage audit process to ensure accuracy of rating and carrier invoicing.
- Lead and support supply chain/distribution continuous improvement events globally.
- Partner with Regional Inbound Logistics Teams- obtaining freight rates, driving local provider engagement, and resolving provider issues.
- Create presentations to be used for weekly/monthly meetings.
- 4-year degree in international business, supply chain or logistics. MBA preferred.
- 7-9+ years-experience in international transportation/logistics.
- Knowledge of logistics, supply chain management, and/or international freight procurement
- Solid interpersonal skills with proven ability to collaborate with a broad range of teams to drive results.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills with strong critical thinking and business curiosity.
- Demonstrated ability to juggle competing priorities and adapt to a changing environment.
- Ability to sort through ambiguity and work on undefined projects.
- Highly ambitious and directed with strong attention to detail.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills including ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way to all levels in the organization.
- Transportation Systems experience preferred including working knowledge of Amber Road and JDE/Oracle.
- Fun and flexible; inspires and motivates team members.
- Self-motivated; demonstrates the ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required.
- Preferred experience with Power BI or other data visualization software.
Flexible and fun company culture
Competitive health care
PPO & HDHP medical plan options, Dental insurance, Vision insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Free life insurance & optional term life insurance
Competitive vacation package
401(k) with match and Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOP)
12 weeks of maternity leave with 100% pay
Flexible holiday schedule – 10 company holidays
Tuition Reimbursement up to $15,000! (Undergraduate & Masters programs)
Employee discounts on all product
Deep partner retail discounts
We are an E-Verify employer.