Graphic Designer - Bicycles
Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems, and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation, and inspiration. Our mission is to create products we love, and to take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We value new ideas from all sources, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done fast. We want to turn ideas into reality.
Come, join us, and help us transform the world, the bike and have a blast while doing it!
You will blur the lines between graphic and product design, creating a truly unique role as a product designer on one of the most appealing and challenging product forms, the bicycle. Mix Dieter Rams with Shepard Fairey and a dash of Coco Chanel and you will start to see the spectrum of design that is covered on our products.
The graphic designer is responsible for trend research, color, and graphics on a range of Trek bicycles. It is a rare opportunity to work for the leading cycling brand in the USA and globally, and provides a unique chance to influence the design at Trek and the cycling industry at large. You will travel the world for research, inspiration and have the opportunity to collaborate with some of the world’s greatest cyclists. The designer is a part of the Product Design team at Trek, surrounded by other graphic designers, apparel designers, industrial designers, engineers etc. This role will report to the Art Director of Product Design.
- Seasonal color and graphics for a range of Trek bicycles.
- Work with the Product Managers and key stakeholders to ensure design and product goals are aligned.
- Create presentations, tech drawings, and visual collateral for reviews and vendor communications.
- Work with the internal graphic and paint production team to make sure the designs are produced accurately and at a high level.
- Keep an organized file structure of your work and up to date graphic files.
- 2+ year experience in a graphic design role. Experience working on physical 3D products is a plus.
- Stays up to date on current trends in the design, outdoor and cycling worlds.
- Ability to see your designs through from concept to production handoff.
- Good verbal skills and ability to present your work professionally to key stakeholders.
- Experience and interest in the cycling industry is a plus.
- Intimate knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Illustrator and Photoshop.
- 3D CAD experience is a plus.
We are an E-Verify employer.