A bit about us
Trek is an awesome place to work, with amazing benefits for all employees. We build only products we love, provide incredible hospitality to our customers, and change the world by getting more people on bikes. When you’re on our team, you’re taken care of, encouraged to learn and grow, and given lots of opportunities to do so. Give us your best, and we’ll give it right back. Sound pretty sweet? Then come join us!
The Trek U video editor completes a broad range of retail- and consumer-facing videos for Trek U and other channels, working closely with shooters and with marketing and design teams to turn raw footage into engaging, informative storytelling.
You do great work fast, and can handle multiple projects at once. You roll with the punches on last minute changes and under tight deadlines. You’ve got a knack for connecting with an audience while maintaining brand voice and standards. You’re an editor at heart, but can shoot with the best of them when needed.
Editing & Post Production 70%
Edit retail and consumer-facing videos. Design and animate motion graphics for videos. Execute final production for publishing on digital platforms.
Plan, set up, and execute studio and location shoots, including shooting, lighting, and audio.
Work with video team and product marketing managers on creative outlines and storyboards. Collaborate with stakeholders on planning and preproduction.
- Edit videos using tools in the Adobe Creative Suite
- Design and animate motion graphics
- Execute final production for digital output, including: color correction/ balance, sound design/audio mixing, and exporting
- Operate camera and assist with and audio needs for studio location shoots
- Collaborate with video team and marketing on scripting and production needs
- Concept creative outlines and storyboards as needed for consumer-facing videos
- Ensure every video meets brand standards and is delivered on time
- 5 years of editing experience, with some shooting experience
- Strong storytelling skills, with experience producing creative briefs and storyboards
- Complete mastery of Adobe Premiere and After Effects, with working knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator
- Sound mixing experience using Audition
- Knowledge of most video codecs and formats and the ability to ingest, transcode, and move between camera workflows and formats flawlessly
- Experience working with Sony a7s I/II camera and Sony FS700 camera
- Experience lighting studio shoots and operating audio equipment
- Knowledge of cycling culture/industry a plus
We are an E-Verify employer.