Mechanical Engineer - Essentials
Work at Trek Taiwan
The Trek Family is united in the belief that success can be achieved only when everyone succeeds together. Our dress code may be casual, but we are extremely passionate about what we do and proud of how we do it. We build only products we love, provide incredible hospitality to our customers, and change the world by getting more people on bikes.
We like progress, and we care about helping our employees reach their personal and professional goals. If you’re energetic, driven, and passionate, Trek is a company that can help take your career to the next level.
We live a fun and flexible culture. Our office is located in the heart of Taichung City. It’s a great location with access to plenty of good food, fun routes to ride your bike, company bikes and plenty of happy coworkers.
Mechanical Engineer, Essentials | Taichung City, Taiwan
Sorry, NO relocation provided with this role.
Citizens of Taiwan only.
We are currently seeking an experienced engineer to join our Engineering team in Taiwan. The role is to collaborate with the Trek USA / Europe Product Development teams and our manufacturing partners to engineer & develop world changing new bicycle essentials (saddles, grips, tools, fenders, pumps, etc.) for our riders, our retailers and our race teams.
- Typically, responsible for several smaller projects or 1-2 major projects including new product development and existing product improvements.
- Use theoretical calculations, real world use and testing to evaluate performance, structural integrity and durability of products.
- Analyze engineering data for both new product research and troubleshooting existing product.
- Evaluate and implement new materials and processes.
- Communicate project technical details globally between Trek USA, Europe and Asia suppliers.
- Collaborate and communicate project technical details globally between Trek USA headquarters, European development offices, other Asian development offices and our global manufacturing partners
- Represent Trek’s best interests as a technical liaison between our global manufacturing partners and Trek USA and Trek Europe development teams.
- Work smart to meet timelines.
- Minimal travel outside of Taiwan. Typically, one international trip each year.
- Enjoy your work, have fun with teammates and make a positive impact on the world.
Specialty Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong desire to change the world through designing best in class products.
- Driven to do exceed customer expectations.
- Passion for cycling.
- Effective English and Mandarin verbal and written communication skills to interact with global teammates.
- Experience designing structural parts preferred.
- Experience with plastic, alloy and composite materials preferred.
- 3D solid modeling skills - Solidworks experience preferred
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in an Engineering discipline
- 3 years of professional experience
We are an E-Verify employer.