Mechanical Engineer - Taiwan
Work at Trek
The Trek Family is united in the belief that success can be achieved only when everyone succeeds together. The dress code may be casual, but our passion for what we do and how we do it is unparalleled. This is how we roll.
We like progress, and we care about helping our employees reach their personal and professional goals. If you’re energetic, driven, and passionate, Trek is a company that can help take your career to the next level.
Mechanical Engineers (2) | Taichung City, Taiwan
Sorry, NO relocation provided with this role.
We are currently seeking experienced engineers to join our Engineering team in Taiwan. The role is to collaborate with the Trek USA / Europe Product Development teams and our manufacturing partners to engineer & develop world changing new bicycle products for our riders, our retailers and our race teams.
We are currently hiring for the following specific positions.
- Frame Design Engineer – Both metal and composite.
- Road Components Design Engineer – handlebar, stem and seatpost. Both metal and composite.
- Typically responsible for several smaller projects or 1-2 major projects.
- Use theoretical calculations, real world use and testing to evaluate performance, structural integrity and durability of products.
- Analyze engineering data for both new product research and existing product troubleshooting.
- Evaluate and implement new materials and processes.
- Communicate project technical details globally between Trek USA, Europe and Asia suppliers.
- Collaborate, communicate and act as a single team with other Trek Asia departments (Supply Chain, Sourcing, Quality, and Testing).
- Work smart to meet timelines.
- Enjoy your work, have fun with teammates and make a positive impact on the world.
Specialty Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong desire to change the world through designing best in class products.
- Driven to do exceed customer expectations.
- Passion for cycling.
- Effective English and Mandarin verbal and written communication skills to interact with global contacts.
- Experience designing structural parts preferred.
- Experience with both alloy and composite materials preferred.
- 3D solid modeling skills - Solidworks experience preferred
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in an Engineering discipline
We are an E-Verify employer.