Asia Pacific Forecasting Director
Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation, and inspiration. Our mission is to create products we love, provide incredible hospitality to our customers and change the world by getting more people on bikes. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We value new ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done fast- turning ideas into reality.
Come, join us, and help us transform the world, the bike and have a blast while doing it!
About the Role
Asia Pacific Forecasting Director plays a critical role in the growth of Trek’s business. The primary responsibility of the position is to work strategically with our global forecasting team and our country managers, in Japan, China, Australia, South Korea and New Zealand to develop and strengthen our supply chain and effectively manage inventory. The Forecasting Director plays a vital role as part of the leadership team for our Asia Pacific Region.
The ideal candidate will have extensive inventory and supply chain experience, a passion for continuous improvement, and be a motivated team player with excellent communication and computer skills. International travel is required. Position is based in Canberra, Australia
- Establish strategic direction & goals for the forecasting team based on business objectives and growth for APAC.
- Work collaboratively with internal business partners to align business processes and optimize productivity.
- Select the product range to compliment the growth strategy
- Actively develop, lead and motivate team.
- Directly responsible for maintaining appropriate inventory levels while balancing lead times, availability and sales growth potential
- Establish systems and procedures to manage and control inventory
- Create and provide appropriate reporting to support and inform the business
- Provide early identification of problems, communicate with APAC Managing Director, global forecasting team and Trek executives of risks and recommend corrective action
- Work closely with the Asia Pacific Finance Team to ensure that the forecasting strategy aligns to the financial projections
- Coordinate with marketing and sales teams to develop sales tools & launch strategies.
- Manage pricing across the Asia Pacific region with a major focus on margin oversight
- Have a global mindset
- Energetic self-starter that can excel in a complex work environment
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Previous experience in forecasting, supply chain, or inventory control required
- Great attitude, adaptive and flexible.
- Ability to communicate openly and effectively
- Excellent presentation skills
- Commercially minded
- Customer service focused
- International travel is required up to 20%
Strong Preference will be given to applicants who have:
- Previous management experience
- International experience
- CPA or CA
Trek Bicycle employees inspire each other to reach their potential. Inside Trek the energy, enthusiasm and passion for sharing the joy of riding a bicycle is unmistakable. From Canberra, Australia to Waterloo, Wisconsin U.S.A. each office cultivates a unique, inspirational community with a relentless focus on positive energy and hospitality. A career at Trek Bikes demands resourcefulness and ambition – and offers the opportunity to do something great in your lifetime with the best brand, best teammates and the best retail partners in the industry.
If this describes you and your experience, then we are excited to hear from you. Remuneration will be based on experience.
Via email to Jennifer de Raadt, HR Business Partner WorkForTrekAustralia@trekbikes.com.
We are an E-Verify employer.