Retail Operations Specialist
Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation, and inspiration. Our mission is to create products we love and take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We value new ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done fast- turning ideas into reality.
Come, join us, and help us transform the world, the bike and have a blast while doing it!
The Retail Operations Specialist is responsible for supporting the retail, inventory, acquisition, and day-to-day operations support functions for Trek retail stores. Responsibilities will vary but may include performing administrative duties, creating and maintaining operating process documentation, completing physical store inventories, providing operational guidance to store staff, compliance requirements, and audits.
- Provides consultation and advice to internal and external customers. Reviews existing processes, recommends improvements and drives implementation. Serves as a subject matter resource for processes and process improvement projects for retail & inventory operations.
- Provides vendor support ranging from new contracts, contract maintenance on new and existing vendor relationships and any potential contract terminations.
- Knowledge of Trek’s major products, and service groups and applying that to a variety of situations.
- Ability to design, implement and evaluate standard operating procedures affecting daily and strategic business operations in order to increase operational efficiency.
- Guide, on-board, and train employees of new store locations through the pre-opening/acquisition process.
- 1+ year’s work experience required and 2+ year's retail experience preferred.
- Proven ability to deliver unparalleled customer service.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to interact positively with store management team as well as handling sensitive information in confidence.
- Ideal candidates will have at least 1 year experience using Ascend
- Ability to communicate, both verbally and written, clearly and concisely in English is required.
- Ability to travel up to 75%.
We are an E-Verify employer.