Global Trade and Logistics Specialist
A bit about us
Trek is an awesome place to work, with amazing benefits for all employees. We build only products we love, provide incredible hospitality to our customers, and change the world by getting more people on bikes. When you’re on our team, you’re taken care of, encouraged to learn and grow, and given lots of opportunities to do so. Give us your best, and we’ll give it right back. Sound pretty sweet? Then come join us!
Position Summary/Job Description:
As a member of our global logistics operations team, the Global Trade & Logistics Specialist will support day-to-day operations for our logistics network. This team member is responsible for the international freight payment process as well as data integrity of shipment lead times. The Global Trade & Logistics Specialist will manage transportation data to report to the business and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Support import/export daily operations.
- Improve, implement, and maintain processes which ensures the timely processing of broker/forwarder/carrier freight invoices.
- Process freight claims for international freight carriers.
- Enhance and implement billing & freight audit processes.
- Collaborate with freight procurement and finance teams to understand operational impact on freight spend.
- Work with internal stakeholders to optimize processes, maximize partner performance, and minimize cost.
- Prepare, implement, and document standard operating policies and procedures.
- Establish and implement corrective and preventative actions through continuous improvement initiatives, including leading projects on cross-functional teams.
- Maintain positive, productive relationships with internal parties and external logistics partners.
- Perform IT systems related tasks as needed to provide up-to-date information on shipments.
- Present data clearly to a broad audience and translate into a business story.
- Other requirements to support Trek’s global supply chain, as needed or identified.
- Bachelor’s degree in international business, supply chain or related field.
- 1-2 years’ experience in international business required.
- Knowledge of import and export processes, controls, and documentation.
- Working knowledge of JDE/Oracle desired.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Must be able to organize and prioritize the issues and activities necessary to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Results oriented and able to handle time-sensitive tasks
- Detail oriented, with exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively across multi-functional teams.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic; accepts accountability and responsibility for actions.
Flexible and fun company culture
Competitive health care
PPO & HDHP medical plan options, Dental insurance, Vision insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Free life insurance & optional term life insurance
Competitive vacation package
401(k) with match and Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOP)
12 weeks of maternity leave with 100% pay
Flexible holiday schedule – 10 company holidays
Tuition Reimbursement up to $15,000! (Undergraduate & Masters programs)
Employee discounts on all product
Deep partner retail discounts
We are an E-Verify employer.