Service Desk Technician
A bit about us
Trek is an awesome place to work, with amazing benefits for all employees. We build only products we love, provide incredible hospitality to our customers, and change the world by getting more people on bikes. When you’re on our team, you’re taken care of, encouraged to learn and grow, and given lots of opportunities to do so. Give us your best, and we’ll give it right back. Sound pretty sweet? Then come join us!
Trek’s IT Service Desk team is looking for a result driven and customer service focused individual to join our team! The Service Technician will support Trek’s onsite and remote employees by resolving their technical issues over the phone, email, or in-person.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems.
- Enter commands and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors.
- Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software.
- Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities.
- Develop training materials and procedures, or train users in the proper use of hardware or software.
- Confer with staff, users, and management to establish requirements for new systems or modifications.
- Other responsibilities and key result areas will be assigned as required
- 6 -12 months experience in Help Desk or PC Support roles. Previous Apple Genius experience considered a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft and Mac Operating Systems
- Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange/Office 365
- Knowledge of Active Directory
- PowerShell experience a plus
- Solid understanding of IT Security best practices a plus
- Ability to self-manage and self-motivate
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Well organized and can adjust to rapidly changing priorities
We are an E-Verify employer.