New Store Operations Specialist
A bit about us:
Trek is an awesome place to work, with amazing benefits for all employees. We build only products we love, provide incredible hospitality to our customers, and change the world by getting more people on bikes. When you’re on our team, you’re taken care of, encouraged to learn and grow, and given lots of opportunities to do so. Give us your best, and we’ll give it right back. Sound pretty sweet? Then come join us!
What you’ll do:
The New Store Operations Training Specialist plays an important role in the growth of Trek’s Retail business and our effort to develop quality retail experiences in new and existing markets.
The primary responsibility of this role is to develop and execute Trek’s retail strategy for business acquisitions and new store openings. A successful candidate will work to understand all aspects of Trek’s retail program, lead the training and implementation of retail sales and operational processes and provide guidance to new store staff on the day-to-day support functions.
The New Store Operations Training Specialist is a decision maker with wide ranging responsibilities to create, advance, and lead Trek’s retail initiatives and provide localized solutions to enhance the overall consumer retail experience in each new store.
- Provide onsite training and support during initial weeks following business acquisitions or new store openings.
- Orientate new employees to Trek Culture and value propositions.
- Provide training for new employees on operational policies and procedures including:
- Operating Systems
- Service/Mechanic area
- Purchase card & expense management
- Ascend POS
- Inventory processes/integrity
- Employee scheduling
- Employee onboarding
- Trek Certified Service standards and processes
- Basic sales process training
- Merchandising standards
- In-store Marketing responsibilities
- Facilitate successful implementation of new projects and develop process documentation for all integration procedures.
- Participate in physical inventories for existing stores and acquisitions.
- Operate as interim Store Manager when needed.
- 3+ years’ experience in retail with emphasis on store management, operations, and training.
- Must have strong bicycle mechanic experience.
- Strong commercial retail experience, preferably in the sporting goods or outdoor industries.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related field preferred.
- Experience in driving projects to completion in retail environment.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Sales-minded and an independent, creative thinker.
- Ability to deliver exceptional work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both written and verbal.
- Positive, collaborative, inclusive and flexible.
- Highly organized with attention to detail.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office products.
- Up to 75% travel.
- Flexible and fun company culture
- Competitive health care
- PPO & HDHP medical plan options, Dental insurance, Vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Free life insurance & optional term life insurance
- Competitive vacation package
- 401(k) with match and Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOP)
- 12 weeks of maternity leave with 100% pay
- Flexible holiday schedule – 10 company holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement up to $15,000! (Undergraduate & Masters programs)
- Employee discounts on all product
- Deep partner retail discounts
We are an E-Verify employer.