Retail IT Manager
Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and bicycle-related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles for transportation, recreation, and inspiration. Our mission is to create products we love and to take care of our customers. We value our people, making sure the best team is on the field- Everyone makes a difference! We appreciate new ideas, strive to inspire others with positive energy, deal with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done fast. Come join us, and help transform the world, the bicycle, and have a blast while doing it!
Trek is looking for an IT professional to manage IT operations for Trek owned retail stores. This role will be responsible for evaluating the current state and making recommendations on appropriate staffing levels needed to support the retail stores 24/7. Additional responsibilities include vendor management and selection, standards evaluation and ongoing assessment, asset management and lifecycle, telecom management and selection, new store deployments and handling break/fix issues.
- Work with IT industry partners to build specifications, place orders, and validate delivery
- Build cabling standards for new store deployments and assist with cabling vendor selection
- Evaluate and grade your primary IT suppliers with a periodic business review process
- Work closely with the retail operations team to deliver "IT as a service"
- Develop standard and rapidly deployable system and network builds
- Establish a 24/7 retail technical support line
- Assist with telecom management for existing stores and selection for new stores
- Deploy and support IT hardware, retail peripherals, and install the Ascend RMS (POS)
- Manage the annual IT hardware refresh schedule
- Assist in the creation of a Retail IT budget for travel, hardware and telecom
- Develop and deliver reports on Retail IT performance
- 5 years of experience in IT with 2 years in a management role.
- 25% travel will be required
- Strong Understanding of core networking principles and standards
- In depth knowledge of Windows operating system functionality
- Basic understanding of administering an Office 365 environment
- Basic understanding of imaging principles
- Practical experience in building an IT budget
- Strong leadership, analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Understanding of budget process and terminology
- Ability to make sound business decisions quickly and extract facts out of emotional situations
- 3 years experience supporting a retail organization
- Basic understanding of PCI compliance and security
We are an E-Verify employer.