Business Intelligence Development Manager
Trek Bicycle Corporation in Waterloo, WI is seeking to hire a Business Intelligence Development Manager. Here at Trek you will have the opportunity to work alongside the best in the business, build real-world solutions, and be part of a fun energetic team.
The BI Development Manager is responsible for managing the team of BI Developers and Database Administrators responsible for delivering BI solutions to the business. In this role, in addition to managing the team, you will be expected to contribute at a highly technical level to help deliver solutions. We are looking for a strong candidate that is capable of working independently. As a developer manager, you will be directly responsible for your team, technical direction as well as setting the technical standard for BI. Having the ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical resources will be key in this role.
The Business Intelligence team at Trek utilizes leading-edge BI tools available on the market. From Azure SQL DW, Azure Data Lake Store, SQL 2019, Power BI and the rest of the Azure stack, our team provides a critical business need that drives business decisions across the organization. The BI team is fast paced and fun team.
- Leading by Owning: Take responsibility for your own results, BI team results, company results, and values. Promote and teach team norms that include product ownership, a positive attitude, and accountability.
- Leading by Vision: From analyzing the situation inside and outside the company and seeing opportunities and communicating this vision of the company including new ideas for sustainable business strategies and ways of working.
- Connect people: Stimulate collaboration and growth in teams across functions, operations and different cultures. Share experience and knowledge that leads to an always learning organization, creating sustainable expertise which drives the development of people and innovative products.
- Leading by Delivery: Anticipate situations and take initiative to overcome them. The result is a swift and on time delivery of qualitative and quantitative results.
- Ensures data and analytical solutions are well engineered, operable, maintainable, and delivered on schedule. Responsible for the development, documentation, and compliance using best practices including but not limited to the following coding standards, platform, and framework specific design concerns.
- Ensures programs are architected, developed, and implemented across the enterprise to meet Trek’s business needs. Interfaces with the other IT teams and functional areas to ensure that the most efficient solution is designed to meet business needs
- Ensure data accuracy and data integrity by proactively identifying problems/issues.
- Implement advanced and leading-edge solutions in collaboration with developers and analysts.
- implement routine program modifications, performance tuning, problem solving, debugging, and testing.
- Adhere to good systems development methodology.
- Provided technical and procedural support for less experienced team members; teaching improved processes; mentoring team members.
- Lead the technical architecture and the data warehouse technology stack
- Ensure performance by providing ongoing maintenance support through SQL query tuning and optimization
- Provide ongoing support for all current BI projects.
- Participate in agile development teams, including interacting with both business analysts and end users to come up with well performing and scalable solutions
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 4 + years’ hands-on experience developing business intelligence solutions.
- A minimum of two years' directly managing a BI/related team.
- Expert understanding of relational database theory, principles and best practices
- Experience in big data or data Lakes
- Production experience with Azure Data services preferred
- Experience transforming legacy DW to big data is a plus
- Experience with data warehouse design and dimensional modeling
- Advanced experience with writing SQL and stored procedures
- Experience building ETL processes using SQL Server SSIS
- Experience building OLAP cubes with SSAS and MDX
- Experience with Visual Studio Data projects and deployments
- Experience managing remote employees
- Must have good knowledge of Data Warehouse management
- Must have good knowledge of software engineering and architecture principles
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to handle multiple projects and rapidly changing priorities
- Must be a self-starter who requires minimal supervision, with excellent problem-solving skills
- .Net Development experience in C# a plus
- Experience with agile development methodologies (Scrum) a plus
We are an E-Verify employer.