Bicycle Service Technician
About the Company
Headquartered in Waterloo, Wisconsin, USA Trek Bicycle Corporation is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation, and inspiration.
Our mission is to create products we love, provide incredible hospitality to our customer, and to change the world by getting more people on bikes. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We value new ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done fast - turning ideas into reality.
Position: Bicycle Service Technician (Store based)
Location: Poole, Dorset
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
About the Role
Do you have a passion for customer service excellence, sharing their enthusiasm for cycling, whilst also having the ability and knowledge to perform all repairs and servicing? Do you have working knowledge of current standards and practices in the bicycle industry?
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Repairs on all types of bikes
- Building new bikes for the sales floor
- Continuous training on proper techniques and methods
- Providing our customers with a high level of customer service
- Have confidence working with suspension systems and hydraulic systems
- Sales of service packages, parts and accessories
- Maintain professional environment in store and work area
- Understanding product knowledge to answer customer queries properly
- Product demonstrations where necessary
- Passionate about cycling
- Experience of (or a keen interest in) bike fitting.
- Previously worked, or currently working in the cycle trade, ideally in a Workshop environment
- A willingness to take part in store cycle rides would be a major plus
If you would like to apply for the above role, please send your CV and Cover Letter detailing why you are the right person for the role.
We are an E-Verify employer.