BCycle is Trek's bike share division. We're revolutionizing the way people use public transportation. Bike share is a unique solution to the environmental, health, and transportation infrastructure challenges that face modern communities. It’s our mission to partner with campuses, corporations, and municipalities of all sizes to implement and maintain bike share systems that complement and improve existing transportation infrastructure. We do so with best-in-class bike share equipment and a robust cloud-based software ecosystem.
BCycle is seeking a full-time QA team member to provide expertise and enthusiasm for delivering solid software on a rapid cadence. The position is located at the Trek Bicycle Corporation world headquarters in Waterloo, WI.
BCycle IT believes in crafted software, in end-to-end ownership of projects, and in customer-first solutions. The QA team is a critical part of that process. We’re technical, we test smart, and we iterate fast.
- Work with business analysts to ensure testable requirements are generated.
- Design, maintain, and execute manual and automated test cases.
- Be self-organized and distribute workloads to achieve test coverage sprint after sprint.
- Exercise an ownership mentality—provide and demand top-notch quality at all levels from requirements to deployment, by integrating your work into the team’s definition of done.
- Be able and willing to test a wide range of technologies like mobile, web, APIs, firmware, as well as our physical products.
- Communicate face-to-face with their peers and customers in a participatory environment
- Research and document bugs discovered by your team or reported by others
- Be responsible for the quality and timeliness of your own work
- Stay current with the latest technologies, testing methods, and testing tools
- Be self-motivated and require minimal supervision
- Actively participate in sprint ceremonies such as daily standup, planning, and retrospectives
- Entry-level (0-2 years) to mid-level (2-5 years) candidates
- Experience with agile methodologies
- SQL and general database knowledge
- Understands the QA lexicon, e.g. test plans, regressions, manual vs. integration vs exploratory, automated testing vs test automation, etc.
- Demonstrable passion for product quality and continuous improvement
- Active listener and great communicator, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of continuous integration principles and best practices
- Test scripting and automation experience (e.g. Selenium, Ghost Inspector)
- Experience with mobile testing on Android and/or iOS
- Mobile UI testing, specifically with Xamarin Test Cloud
- Payment processing experience
- Experience with C#
- Scale and load testing experience on a cloud or multi-datacenter platform
We are an E-Verify employer.