Tech Operations Specialist
Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation, and inspiration.
Our mission is to create products we love and take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We value new ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done fast- turning ideas into reality.
In our BCycle subsidiary we play a critical role in this mission, focusing on changing the world by getting more people on bikes through bike share. Over the past decade, we have launched over 50 bike share programs, and we continue to innovate in the space with products like our game-changing electric bike.
Product performance and reliability are vital to BCycle’s success. The TechOps Specialist is responsible for ensuring the efficient day-to-day operations of BCycle products. This includes but is not limited to kiosks, docks, and bikes. Reporting directly to BCycle’s Customer Service Manager, the incumbent will empower and equip members of the TechOps/Customer Service team to grow their own expertise and work directly with bike share operators across the country to provide technical support.
In addition to working directly with bike share operators, the TechOps Specialist III will collaborate with BCycle’s product and software developers on development projects and will leverage their expertise and frontline knowledge to continuously improve BCycle’s products and services. As a team member, the TechOps Specialist will be self-motivated with a high sense of ownership, put the customer first, have great attention to detail, have an eye for process improvement, bring a fun and flexible attitude to their work, and have an unmatched ability to Get Stuff Done.
- Be the technical expert on BCycle’s product line and software ecosystem
- Hardware & electronic specifications
- Continuous Improvement
- Direct contact with customers through the Help Center, CRM, e-mail, and/or phone to resolve technical issues
- Lead troubleshooting process and communication of field failures/issues with BCycle’s Product and Software teams
- Remotely connect to products to review logs and configurations
- Work with customer to facilitate step-by-step troubleshooting procedures
- Query and analyze data using tools such as Microsoft SQL
- Develop troubleshooting processes and documentation for staff and customer training
- Coordinate with customers to schedule and execute firmware and software updates for docks and kiosks in the field.
- Serve as a customer advocate and key stakeholder for hardware configuration decisions for both existing and new product. Work collaboratively with BCycle departments and vendors to assist in quality assurance efforts for product.
- Create and maintain documentation resource library, e.g. service information and troubleshooting. Also provide technical training to customers and staff.
- Advocate for process and product changes based on customer feedback and failure analysis
- As needed, work in the field to support product troubleshooting, continuous improvement initiatives, and project implementations
- As needed, fulfill customer inventory orders and aftermarket/warranty support
- Experience with bike share and bike share operations.
- Experience in supply chain management and/or product testing.
- Bicycle mechanic experience preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 55lbs.
- Experience working with electricity, e.g. multimeters, solar charging, and battery capabilities.
- Experience/interest in R&D to create new tools that will improve operations.
- Experience setting up/troubleshooting modems for connected devices, specifically IoT devices.
We are an E-Verify employer.