Global Logistics Specialist
Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation, and inspiration.
Our mission is to create products we love and take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We value new ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done fast- turning ideas into reality.
Come, join us, and help us transform the world, the bike and have a blast while doing it!
- As a member of our import/export operations team, the Global Logistics Specialist will create and manage processes to support our logistics network for US and global subsidiary operations. The position will work closely with buyers, forecasters and sales teams as a subject matter expert in global supply chain operations. The Global Logistics Specialist will identify and lead process improvements to decrease costs and increase efficiency throughout Trek’s global network.
- Implement, manage and maintain automated ocean and air freight booking processes for US inbound, US outbound and global subsidiaries as part of a transportation management system.
- Manage US inbound and other global operations from port of arrival to final destination.
- Analyze, interpret and implement key performance metrics for logistics operations.
- Establish and implement corrective and preventative actions through continuous improvement initiatives.
- Prepare and implement standard operating policies and procedures for global logistics processes.
- Maintain positive, productive relationships with internal parties and external logistics service providers.
- Other requirements to support Trek’s global supply chain, as needed or identified.
- Bachelor’s degree in international business, supply chain or related field.
- 1-2 years’ experience in international business preferred.
- Hazardous material certification with IMDG/IATA/DOT and/or experience a plus.
- Continuous improvement experience preferred.
- Transportation and logistics experience preferred but not required.
- Proficient with current Microsoft Office programs. Advanced Excel proficiency preferred.
- Detail oriented, with exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work both independently and on teams.
- Strong organization skills and demonstrated ability to multi-task varied projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively across multi-functional teams.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic; accepts accountability and responsibility for actions.
- Secondary language fluency a plus.
- Flexible and fun company culture
- Competitive health care
- Flexible holiday schedule – 10 company holidays
- Competitive vacation package
- 401k Match
- ESOP program
- Tuition Reimbursement up to $15,000! (Undergraduate & Masters programs)
- Employee discounts on all product
- Deep partner retail discounts
We are an E-Verify employer.