EU Retail Store Designer
A bit about us
Trek is an awesome place to work, with amazing benefits for all employees. We build only products we love, provide incredible hospitality to our customers, and change the world by getting more people on bikes. When you’re on our team, you’re taken care of, encouraged to learn and grow, and given lots of opportunities to do so. Give us your best, and we’ll give it right back. Sound pretty sweet? Then come join us!
We are currently recruiting for:
Position: EU Retail Store Designer
Location: Italy (Bergamo), Spain (Madrid), UK (Milton Keynes) or Germany (Dubendorf)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Remuneration: A fantastic compensation package including staff discounts on the best bikes in
in the world!
About the Role
The European Retail Store Designer is a key position in supporting the development of Trek’s Directly Owned Retail and Flagship Partner Business in Europe.
The core responsibility of this role is developing designs for new store openings both Greenfield and Acquisition, alongside remodels in existing stores and flagship retailers to enable the consistent execution of standards across multiple markets. Furthermore, this role will be responsible for construction drawings of store projects, vital to enable new store openings and remodels to be delivered successfully on time and to budget.
This role reports to the European Design and Construction Manager for all design related duties
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of designs for new stores, remodels and flagships and managing them through the various stages of approval.
- Preparing technical construction drawings for the execution.
- Working closely with the Business Development Project Manager, Store Managers, and other members of the Central Team to document and plan for the roll out of new stores and remodels
- Producing Store Designs and construction drawings using Revit / AutoCad / Sketch Up
- Determining full project plans for each design and for the construction project
- Attend sites across Europe for site surveys and discussions with retailers and contractors
- Any other duties deemed necessary by the Business Developer or Project Manager, to enable the successful development of the European Business
Qualifications and experience required:
- Bachelor’s Degree or similar in Interior Architecture and/or design
- 3-5+ years core skill experience in commercial interior architecture firm; inclusive but not limited to schematic design development, construction documentation and construction administration
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD and Sketchup
- Excellent written and verbal English
- Knowledge of current building codes and ADA compliancy
- Knowledge of construction and engineering practices including budgeting, estimating and scheduling
- Excellent presentation skills
- Experience of managing projects from concept to build
- Knowledge of construction plans (demolitions, walls, electricity, plumbing, painting etc.)
- Detailed furniture and graphic distribution plans
- Experience of management and dealing directly with contractors
- Orders of F&F packs and graphics
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects at the same time
- Self-motivated with strong communication skills and ability to foster team environment
- Agile and adaptable to changing business environments and work priorities
- Apply knowledge of multidisciplinary design principles and practices to achieve successful store projects
- Organized and deadline driven and work well under pressure
- Ability to work on multiple projects and excel in a less structured environment
- Willing to travel internationally
In addition to fantastic opportunities for career development we offer:
- Unique rewards
- Friendly and inclusive working environment
- A highly competitive total reward benefits package
- Discounted Bicycle Purchase scheme on the best bikes in the world!
If you would like to apply for the above role, please send your CV and Cover Letter detailing why you are the right person for the role. All applications to be submitted in English.
We are an E-Verify employer.