Plant Manager - Diamant Germany
The plant manager is responsible for all operational processes at the site. This person will report to the plant Managing Director and our U.S. Technical Director (VP of Operations). The plant consists of 400 permanent employees and is supplemented by a number of temporary employees.
- Management of the plant, organization of the operative day business as well as creation of appropriate structures to achieve the defined objectives
- Coordination of the technical areas at the site with the main focus being on production as well as pattern making, coloring, quality management, work preparation, purchasing and logistics as well as commercial administration with controlling, human resources and IT
Production planning and organization, preparation of specifications for work preparation,
Definition of technological processes
- Ensuring the optimal utilization of existing capacities as well as the
- Adaptation of the workflows and structures to changed situations
- Control and permanent optimization of production processes under utilization
- Use of modern methods and tools (Lean, Kaizen, 5S, Value Stream Mapping,
- Define appropriate measures for target / actual deviations
- Company planning, development, control and accounting of key figures, preparation of budgets in consultation with the parent company
- Further development of the site according to specifications of the group, elaboration
and implementing appropriate strategies
- Personnel management, guidance of the team leader, training and qualification of employees, and coordination of education
- Partners and works closely with other international locations and central areas of the business including management, development / design, purchasing and sales
- Planning and realization of investments and maintenance
- Introduction of new products and technologies into production
- Organization of internal and external logistics
- Collaboration with employee representation
- Quality assurance, implementation and monitoring of audits
- Reporting and analysis activity according to internal specifications
- Successfully completed studies, preferably mechanical or vehicle engineering or business engineering. Lean Management is a plus!
- Several years of experience in a comparable management position (plant or operations manager), preferably in an international company within a similar industry (machinery, plant engineering, automotive, consumer goods).
- Profound knowledge in Lean Management as well as in the design and design optimization of flexible production processes, especially with experience in serial production and / or assembly of components with a high variety of variants
- Solid commercial knowledge and safe handling of IT and ERP systems
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Excellent problem solving, communication (with employees and customers at all levels)
We are an E-Verify employer.