Native Mobile QA Automation Engineer
Remote or Waterloo Wisconsin
Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation, and inspiration. Our mission is to create products we love and take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We value new ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done fast- turning ideas into reality.
We provide a flexible work environment, remote work is available, however, some travel may be required.
Come, join us, and help us transform the world, the bike, and have a blast while doing it!
Trek Bicycle is looking for a full-time QA team member to join our emerging innovation team. You should be an expert in full-lifecycle Native Mobile Software Test Engineering; including but not limited to requirements analysis, test architecture considerations, native mobile ci/cd pipeline creation and maintenance, engaging in internal/external post-production maintenance and support.
In addition to working with the QA team, you will be a part of our cross-disciplinary team collaborating with various groups such as electronics engineering and the e-bikes team as we continue to push the envelope on native mobile innovations at Trek.
The Trek Mobile innovations team has built an amazing tech stack which you will have the opportunity to work with and contribute to; we use cutting-edge technologies in all facets of our team.
You’ll have the opportunity to work in an agile environment with the design, UX team, BAs and product owner to create awesome native mobile digital experiences which embrace the Trek brand and meet both our internal and external consumer’s needs and surpasses all performance, security, quality and user experience expectations. This position reports to the Director of Web Technologies & Software Development and works closely with the Mobile Engineering Manager/Sr. Mobile Architect.
We look for team members who are self-starters, take ownership of all assignments by meeting deadlines raising issues appropriately, driven to continuously learn and improve, stay abreast of emerging mobile technologies and advocates software test engineering best practices.
The Native Mobile QA Automation Engineer will work with multiple and concurrent activities in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, Agile development environment. This person will be responsible for creating and maintaining the mobile automation framework and testing effort. This individual must be self-motivated, flexible, have a high sense of urgency, require minimal supervision, manage issues in an efficient manner and providing accurate status reports as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Document and develop the native mobile Automation Architecture and participate in design, and automation architecture/test reviews
· Create and maintain both native iOS and Android Automation Frameworks
· Develop test scripts using IntelliJ in conjunction with Appium
· Create automation scripts for story-level automation, performance, and security & accessibility tests
· Deploy and execute automation scripts on devices using Test Objects live device farm
· Create & maintain CI/CD pipelines for the Automation Framework using Bitrise for stand-alone runs or for integration into app development and deployment pipelines
· Perform Manual Mobile Testing (Functional, Systems, Regression and Performance)
· Adhere to and enhance our quality standards and processes
· Work closely with the team to help ensure early exposure of quality, performance and security inefficiencies
· Participate in all meetings and release ceremonies
Required Qualifications | Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
· A minimum of 4 years’ experience
· Extensive experience Interfacing and testing Bluetooth applications
· Current in native Mobile performance, security, accessibility, and GDPR software testing best practices and tools
· Outstanding experience setting up and utilizing VMWare or similar tools
· Comfortable using Test Flight and Google Play
· Experience monitoring mobile applications and end user mobile application performance
· Has tested at least two enterprise-level apps on the respective app stores
· Exceptional communication skills (verbal and written) are required
· Be a fast learner, self-starter, a team player, and able to escalate issues
· Own the quality, performance, and timeliness of your work
Additional preferred experience:
· Experience working in an Agile/Scrum or Kanban environment
· Experience with JIRA
· Creating and/or maintaining app development and deployment CI/CD pipelines using Bitrise or similar tool
We are an E-Verify employer.