Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and bicycle related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles for transportation, recreation, and inspiration.
Our mission is to create products we love and take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We also appreciate new ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done quickly, turning ideas into reality.
Come, join us, and help us transform the world, the bicycle, and have a blast while doing it!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Cost Analyst to join Trek in our Asian office. We are looking to hire someone with strong analytical skills and an understanding of costing structures. The Cost Analyst is an important role within Trek’s Supply Chain Finance Department and will have the ability to make a meaningful impact at the best bicycle company in the world! This position will report to the Global Cost Manager in Waterloo, WI, USA
- Responsible for analyzing finished goods bike quotes; loading and maintaining in the system utilizing a defined approval process
- Own invoice vs. quote analysis and work with supplier on timely corrective actions
- Responsible for quote management working with buyers to ensure all parts have a quote in the system
- Aid in the global analysis to make sure we are being quoted consistently globally
- Implement quote expiration guidelines and process
- Be an integral part of the project to develop the new should cost tool; Responsible and own should cost tool, work closely with bike sourcing managers to ensure “reasonableness in quotes”
- Support make vs. buy and where to source analysis
- Provide backup support for cost accounting functions including in time zone support for the APAC region
- Aid in the tracking and reporting of ECO costs
- Suggest and work on continuous improvement projects with the Asia sourcing teams around costing processes
- Responsible for monthly payroll processing and monthly expense recon & cash request from HQ
- Assist with monthly and ad-hoc analysis and special projects as assigned
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- 3+ years of data and analysis experience. A background in Cost / Operational Accounting is a plus.
- Proficient in Excel and integrated ERP systems (such as JDE, SAP, Oracle, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills and strategic thinking required
- Detail oriented with outstanding communication skills (written and verbal)
- Effectively collaborate with colleagues from various departments, such as sourcing, product development and members of the domestic and international leadership teams
- Ability to manage the details but also communicate with and influence senior leaders
- Ability to extract, organize, analyze, and report data in a manner that is useful and relevant for making business decisions with the use of an ERP & BI system
- High energy and ability to drive and become a catalyst for organizational change
- Fluent in English & Mandarin
We are an E-Verify employer.