Senior Financial Analyst
Trek Bicycle Corporation is the world leader in bicycle products and accessories. Trek is dedicated to building bikes for the world’s greatest cyclist to the kid next door. That drive for new ideas and passion for building and selling bikes made us expand rapidly. TREK has several offices in the United States, Asia and Europe. The European Central office is located in Harderwijk and our European Distribution Center in Wijchen. Currently we are looking for a new colleague in our finance department:
Sr. Financial Analyst
This role will make a major impact on Trek’s business across Europe, taking responsibility for the biggest lines on the P&L – Cost of Goods & Variances, and Delivery & Distribution. You will develop & deliver optimal processes, great analytics and storytelling and ultimately increased profitability through better understanding and robust challenging.
In this role you will be the financial business partner to the European Logistics Manager overseeing the facility and carrier costs. You’ll support and participate in the negotiations and evaluations of carrier tariffs and develop strong processes and tools to ensure completeness & accuracy of charges from carrier and accurate accruals. Also your responsibility is ensuring that inventory is appropriately controlled and accounted for, this means you will be advising on managing inventories, inventory reserves and inventory related accruals. To be successful in this role you must be able to develop strong processes and tools to drill down into product costs variances and drive action to explain and reduce these variances and proactively seek out opportunities for lower costs or higher margins.
As you’re part of our finance team in Harderwijk you will also take on a variety of financial & reporting tasks that are not directly related to our distribution center and provide our European Central Office with analytical support.
- Bachelor degree in accounting or finance with at least 4 years of experience in a similar role
- Advanced spreadsheet skills; an assessment is part of the procedure
- Cross-border experience and familiarity with intercompany processes
- Familiarity with international businesses operating on ERP systems; JDE experience is preferred
- Good understanding of internal control and financial reporting
- Flexible, accurate and strong analytical skills with strong influencing skills
- Strong written/verbal communications skills in Dutch & English
- Living near Harderwijk (max. 40 km) or willing to relocate
- Willing to work in Wijchen when necessary
- Team player with an appetite to lead
Trek offers: An informal, challenging and motivating company culture, where initiative and pro-activity are highly valued. We provide you with a stimulating work environment with enthusiastic colleagues, responsibility and independence. We will compensate you with a competitive salary and benefits package. Please send your CV and motivation in English to: email@example.com
We are an E-Verify employer.